Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Production of Amobarbital
ChemistryGhost
Hazard to Others

Mood: Supercooled :cool:

cool.gif posted on 5-7-2012 at 22:54
Production of Amobarbital

What do you know about amobarbital production? Synthesis? Temperature at which the reactions would work? Equipment used? Procedures? Safety procedures and steps? The information provided is for educational purposes only and do not constitute medical, professional, or legal advice. :cool:
Nicodem
Super Moderator
Thread Moved
6-7-2012 at 09:07
Hexavalent
International Hazard

Mood: Pericyclic

[*] posted on 6-7-2012 at 09:12

Interesting how you're new and already you're asking about the synthesis of drugs.

This may be of use, depending on what you want to start with and whether you want a single- or multi-step synthesis idea; do some homework yourself before posting, please.

[Edited on 6-7-2012 by Hexavalent]

"Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." Winston Churchill
chemrox
International Hazard

Mood: LaGrangian

[*] posted on 6-7-2012 at 10:12

Says the bartender to the groaning lion, "It was that bar bitch you ate."

"When you let the dumbasses vote you end up with populism followed by autocracy and getting back is a bitch." Plato (sort of)
Hexavalent
International Hazard

Mood: Pericyclic

[*] posted on 6-7-2012 at 11:14

?

Thread reported....

"Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." Winston Churchill
ChemistryGhost
Hazard to Others

Mood: Supercooled :cool:

[*] posted on 6-7-2012 at 12:17

Preparation : bromine Isopentane by condensation, ethyl, cyclization derived. 1. Condensation of ethanol sodium ethyl alcohol solution and accession to the dry reaction Tank 65-70-70 returned 0.5 ° C, cooling to 30 ° C, by adding diethyl malonate, stirring for 1 hour. Isopentane 71/92 bromine. Plus Albert 45-55-50 ° C2h, warming up to 75-78 ° C, the reaction 6h. Ethanol recovery within temperature to 120 ° C and then steamed decompression addition of ethanol residues. Cold to 40 ° C water and a small amount of sulfonated oil, stirring rested from ester-layer, vacuum distillation, collecting a relative density of 0.9622-0.9632 distillate, α - isoamyl-diethyl malonate ([5398-08-3], 240-242 boiling point C). The yield was 84%. 2. Ethyl alcohol to sodium ethyl alcohol solution and accession to the reaction tank dry Mexican-70 returned 0.5 ° C, 40 ° C cold to join isoamyl-diethyl malonate, stirring for 1 hour. At 30 ° C by adding dibromoethane. Albert increases, the reaction 5h. Warming up to 75-80 ° C, the reaction 1h. Recovery of ethanol distillation. Cold to 40 ° C and water soluble. Still, get a layer ester. Vacuum distillation, collecting a relative density of 0.9532-0.9549 distillate α - ethyl-alpha-isoamyl-diethyl malonate. The yield was 87%. 3. Cyclization of α - ethyl-alpha-isoamyl-diethyl malonate and urea in response to 75-80 ° C for 30 min, ethanol recovery, active carbon used hydrochloric acid, filtration, drying products. Cyclization yield of 72-79%.

Homework! I'm so cool, I'm supercooled. :cool:
kristofvagyok
National Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 6-7-2012 at 13:58

Quote: Originally posted by ChemistryGhost  
Preparation :
Ethyl alcohol to sodium ethyl alcohol solution and accession to the reaction tank dry Mexican-70 returned 0.5 ° C, 40 ° C cold to join isoamyl-diethyl malonate, stirring for 1 hour.
Homework! I'm so cool, I'm supercooled. :cool:

What kind of dry Mexican do you want to cool down to a half Celsius? :D

Just an advice for your future: don't try to synthetise things with NO knowledge, especially if your recipe is based on google translate.

And another thing: it is no need to purify the malonates, this reaction is almost quantitative. And it is much better to use ethyl iodide instead of bromide, because it is not as volatile and easier to measure it out.

I have a blog where I post my pictures from my work: http://labphoto.tumblr.com/
-Pictures from chemistry, check it out(:

"You can’t become a chemist and expect to live forever."

Go To Top