Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: The problem with free temp hosting.........
solo
International Hazard

Mood: ....getting old and drowning in a sea of knowledge

[*] posted on 8-5-2005 at 06:52
The problem with free temp hosting.........

Rapidshare and many temporary hosting types are great to share files now! but what about 30 days from now will your source still be there. At least with rapidshare the hosting is good for 30 days, after, they erase the link....what that means for forums is that if they have large contents of resource links associated with these type of temporary links the data will be lost and the sources to the threads or studies will be permanently gone. Rhodium was smart to keep the pdf, djvu archives, he knew the value of this data and to be trusted to no free server ....well now we discover this painful truth.

So let this be a warning to all forums that rely on storing the hard sough articles and e-books by members in this temp hosting sites. I would suggest until an in house storage method is developed using something that gives the user free storage without limit of use only downloading restrictions apply. Case and point , ripway....secured storage 30MB only has 24 hours restriction after downloading 10MB ...the way around this is to register with a different name , still using your same e-mail address and one can have n -number of accounts theoretically.

Well now back to work as I have a lot of articles to re-upload and e-books too, they are all victims of he free hosting revenge.I would also ask fellow members to reupload articles and documents that were currently hosted at one of this type of temp places.............solo

It's better to die on your feet, than live on your knees....Emiliano Zapata.

Go To Top