Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Locating Nitric acid
NEMO-Chemistry
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 11-10-2017 at 14:56

Quote: Originally posted by Tetra  
Quote: Originally posted by NEMO-Chemistry  
Wait until next year, in the UK sulphuric acid will be banned like nitric acid is. Amateur Chem in the UK is on the verge of extinction at this rate.

Come on over, we've got extra beds. And Sulfuric acid. Everything you need to live comfortably!

Not bothered about the bed, but Sulphuric acid sells it for me lol.

nezza
Hazard to Others

Mood: phosphorescent

[*] posted on 12-10-2017 at 05:28

Wait until next year, in the UK sulphuric acid will be banned like nitric acid is. Amateur Chem in the UK is on the verge of extinction at this rate.

I was under the impression that Sulphuric acid and Nitric acid of any useful concentration had already been banned in the UK and the EUSSR.

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.
CRUSTY
Hazard to Others

Mood: High-Order

[*] posted on 12-10-2017 at 06:34

Quote: Originally posted by Tetra  

It ended up reacting with the molten Zinc, and detonated. It was much, MUCH louder than ANYTHING I've set off before. I legitimately thought that I'd blown out my left eardrum. I really need to learn how to properly clean my stuff.

Are you sure that was the cause of the detonation (or was even a detonation)? There's an article on Springer that talks about detonation of ZnS powder mixtures, but mentions nothing of any other form of reactant. It would seem very odd to me if that were the cause of detonation, considering you were using a single coherent penny.

"I've made a huge mistake"

Check out my YouTube channel ("spectrofreak") here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnUlsCGK8d9UTjZA5DJ5a3A
NEMO-Chemistry
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 12-10-2017 at 10:52

Quote: Originally posted by nezza  

I was under the impression that Sulphuric acid and Nitric acid of any useful concentration had already been banned in the UK and the EUSSR.

No just Nitric acid was banned, now sulphuric is going to be added. then when they switch to throwing sodium hydroxide at people, that will also be banned.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top