Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Is recycling worth it?
draculic acid69
International Hazard

[*] posted on 30-5-2019 at 20:23

Recycling is definitely worth it rogue rose so worth it the damage that we are doing to the planet currently is phenomenal plastics for example have been found at all corners of the globe.in the bottom of the deepest part of the Mariana trench they found plastic,in arctic waters they found plastic,in whales stomach 80kg of plastic,dead dolphins washing up on beaches stomach full of plastic, middle of the ocean land mass size pile of plastic floating around.etc etc.recycling all forms of plastic in one way or another is super important for the futures wellbeing.whether it's remelted into new products,broken down into its original products,converted thermally to fuel,put thru a shredder to make little chips for insulation or playground equipment,made into clothes or if it can't be recycled just burned to keep warm or cook or used to power some other process it's not an infinite resource at all.as for recycling cardboard and paper and growing trees for that places like china don't have forests left to chop down for paper so country's like Australia and u.s. are providing a service and making a profit by not dumping cardboard and paper into landfill and recycling it.and the world is already running short on rainforests and co2 levels are rising thanks to the need for paper and land clearing.now that books and paper are becoming obsolete the world can slowly regenerate.tyres are the next thing that aren't going to become obsolete and ppl are now recycling them into scrap metal,carbon black, playground matting,fuel,there original monomers etc etc bcoz they are a huge toxic problem in storing them or burying them .very problematic things so recycling is absolutely necessary.glass is one thing that is extremely recyclable into bottles,road base, concrete, windows,raw glass for reshaping into whatever but even though it is they're are still millions of tons of glass chip from recyclers just sitting there doing nothing but causing a storage problem with cost and space etc.why it's not being used more I don't know.it can't be more effective to source fresh raw material and heat that into glass than using glass chip.point being is if we don't start making this sort of stuff mandatory where is the planet going to be in 250years,500years,1000years? How much more oil and timber can we cut down or dig up with our current population growth.do the math of how many ppl will be on the earth in 200yrs.then add fuel requirements,food requirements,feed for animals,the fishing of oceans,etc etc. Humans are gonna be screwed if we don't make changes and we can't just bury plastics and tyres and trees and wait 10000 yrs for it to turn into oil bcoz that shit gets into the drinking water through the water table and leaches into the soil making it a toxic environment.whatdo we do between now and then? Go through 1000's of years of nothingness and toxicity?it would be another stoneage almost.

[Edited on 31-5-2019 by draculic acid69]

[Edited on 31-5-2019 by draculic acid69]
draculic acid69
International Hazard

[*] posted on 30-5-2019 at 20:54

Quote: Originally posted by NEMO-Chemistry
||
|| Hmmm interesting perspective.
||
|| Only thing i can really comment on is what happens in my lab, i try and not release anything if i can help it. So looks like some is wasted effort and some is the correct thing to do, on balance i can live with the wasted effort, seeing as it saves brain power working out what is ok to release and what is not.
||
|| No idea why i chose a mars bar!! looks like a piss poor choice now :

Piss being one of the byproducts of eating said mars bar.
As for letting the cycle of mars bar to piss and co2 to plants and crops to product continue we are already cutting down so many trees for land and paper and eating that wildlife is suffering greatly,and co2 is something that we are overburdened with at the moment and replanting rainforests is about the only thing that will neutralize our current production of it and no amount of farmed crops is going to do a good enough job of that.remember more co2 means less oxygen and we need that to breathe.nothing else takes co2 and spits out O2 like forests do.green city's , reforestation and recycling is absolutely a necessary step for maintaining the future.
draculic acid69
International Hazard

[*] posted on 30-5-2019 at 21:16

||
Quote: Originally posted by zts16  
With the right ratio of plants to animals plus whatever amount of fossil fuel emissions we're still producing, wouldn't life still be possible with the good ol cycle of photosynthesis and respiration? Sure there'd be less oxygen in the air, but we can live just fine with a lower concentration of oxygen, other than people at higher elevations, perhaps.

As if humans are ever going to be disciplined enough to stick to that, profit,greed,economy and demand will stop this formula from ever being utilised.even if greed and profit were wiped out, economy and demand will still be there.

Rogue rose I think you are on your own with regards to this issue.
draculic acid69
International Hazard

[*] posted on 30-5-2019 at 21:26

On a lighter note I think Americas lift of the ban on hemp will help with a few of the problems that we've brought up such as bioplastics from hemp, feed and food from hemp, clothing from hemp,large scale growing helping to produce O2 from atmospheric co2,will all help the world be less polluted by providing a healthier friendlier source for these things.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top