Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: IP ban bcuz my IP is too "dynamic"??
Tsjerk
International Hazard

Mood: Mood

[*] posted on 25-5-2018 at 12:55

Quote: Originally posted by aga  
OK.

So let's get into Specifics, which any supposed Scientist would want to.
[Edited on 25-5-2018 by aga]

I'm cool with that

Who runs the Other end of your VPN ?

This has limited classes :-

1. Me. I own Cogent.
9. Me, but i have to use a Hosting service as i do not own a peering data centre
5. Someone else who charges me money and is my best friend and would die to protect my identity
47. A.N.Other person who would sell me to the highest bidder as i only pay them $5 a month

That 'Other End' knows where you are.
Oh ! You have multiple 'other ends'. How smart. They All know where their Other End is.

You are wrong on a multiple of points. The people hosting the VPN can log my IP, but my IP is dynamic as I use TOR. TOR can be breached by running a TOR-node, but running a VPN will encrypt all traffic automatically. This combination has not been breached as far as I or anyone publishing it knows.

The main reason we're all pretty 'safe' is that there really is nobody protected from the authorities by such mechanisms, and nobody here is worth even taking a glance at, never mind spending a lot of $ and effort investigating.

I don't think I'm important, German lawyers think I'm important enough to send a 850 euro claim though.

Edit: of course I cannot exclude back-doors in software but both my VPN and TOR are opensource.

Edit Edit: building a back-door in an opensource is respectable to say the least, then you mastered the art.

[Edited on 25-5-2018 by Tsjerk]
aga
Forum Drunkard

[*] posted on 25-5-2018 at 13:22

The German lawyers just thought they could earn a Fee.

If i was a Lawyer, i'd send a Claim for about $300 to everyone one the planet.

Millions of people would get scared and just Pay because i could spell 'Lawyer' and i'd be in Barbados, Monaco, or Prison, depending on how greedy i was.

Personally i have never engineered a 'backdoor' into any OpenSource software i contributed to.

It's too hard - others can examine your code as it is 'Open'.

Some coders are extremely clever people and also dedicated.

Those types Do code 'back doors' in their submitted code, yet it so devious only another super-clever (or lucky) programmer spots it.

aga
Forum Drunkard

[*] posted on 25-5-2018 at 13:25

Quote: Originally posted by Tsjerk  
You are wrong on a multiple of points. The people hosting the VPN can log my IP, but my IP is dynamic as I use TOR...

Please, stick with what you Know, not what you Assume.

Assumption is the Mother of all Fuckups.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg4trPZFUwc

Bert
Super Administrator

Mood: " I think we are all going to die. I think that love is an illusion. We are flawed, my darling".

[*] posted on 25-5-2018 at 14:34

Guys, take it to U2U, I regret blathering my opinions above and apologize if I had anything to do with where this went.

Rapopart’s Rules for critical commentary:

1. Attempt to re-express your target’s position so clearly, vividly and fairly that your target says: “Thanks, I wish I’d thought of putting it that way.”
2. List any points of agreement (especially if they are not matters of general or widespread agreement).
3. Mention anything you have learned from your target.
4. Only then are you permitted to say so much as a word of rebuttal or criticism.

Anatol Rapoport was a Russian-born American mathematical psychologist (1911-2007).

Bert
Super Administrator
Thread Closed
25-5-2018 at 14:35
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top