Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Poll: I want any way to get Soduim phosphide from Tri soduim phosphat
Can i use suger charcol and heat? -- 0 (0%)
But not know the right condition of reaction --- 2 (100%)

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: I want any way to get Soduim phosphide from Tri soduim phosphat
abdo.samy
Harmless

[*] posted on 24-11-2018 at 05:01
I want any way to get Soduim phosphide from Tri soduim phosphat

I want to know any way to get sodium phosphide from tri soduim phosphate
mayko
International Hazard

Mood: anomalous (Euclid class)

[*] posted on 24-11-2018 at 08:26

Welcome to the forum! In the future, this would probably be more appropriate in one of the other sections, like "Chemistry in General" or "Beginnings".

Depending on your end use of the phosphide, you might try igniting a mixture of phosphate and magnesium or aluminum, then protecting the hot residue from air to prevent oxidation. Brauer's preparative inorganic has this to say about calcium phosphide:

Quote:

If Ca3P3 is to be used only as a raw material for the preparation of PH3, it can be prepared by the aluminothermic method. The drawback of this procedure is that the product phosphide cannot be separated from the Al2O3. Powdered, predried calcium phosphate (232 g.) and 108 g. of Al shot are ground to a homogeneous mixture. An igniting mixture is used to kindle the reaction. In most cases it is necessary to preheat the crucible to 500°C.

You can find Brauer and much more in the forum library:
http://library.sciencemadness.org/library/index.html

Hope that helps!

al-khemie is not a terrorist organization
"Chemicals, chemicals... I need chemicals!" - George Hayduke
"Wubbalubba dub-dub!" - Rick Sanchez
j_sum1
Administrator
Thread Moved
24-11-2018 at 14:30
abdo.samy
Harmless

[*] posted on 24-11-2018 at 14:54

Thank you, iwill write in this sections next time,
Calcuim phosphide produced by calcuim phosphate and charcol is need high degrees at several hours,i feel cause sodiume phosphide had low melting point ,it may need low condition for producing phosphide
AJKOER
Radically Dubious

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 28-11-2018 at 14:56

See pages 8 and also page 7 at http://www.hydrogendays.cz/2016/admin/scripts/source/present... .

Note, H+ + e- = .H (the hygrogen atom radical)

PH3 is a very toxic problematic gas, and does not readily react with bases either to produce phosphide salts. See Wikipedia at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phosphine, to quote on toxicity:

"Toxicity
Deaths have resulted from accidental exposure to fumigation materials containing aluminum phosphide or phosphine. It can be absorbed either by inhalation or transdermally.[23] As a respiratory poison, it affects the transport of oxygen or interferes with the utilization of oxygen by various cells in the body.[24] Exposure results in pulmonary edema (the lungs fill with fluid).[25] Phosphine gas is heavier than air so stays nearer the floor where children are likely to play.[26]"

Go To Top