Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: BTATz & its salts
Ritter
Hazard to Others

Mood: Curious

[*] posted on 10-8-2008 at 10:46
BTATz & its salts

This recently developed explosion-resistant propellant's preparation is described in this patent http://www.pat2pdf.org/patents/pat6657059.pdf.

The key intermediates are 3,6-dichloro-1,2,4,5-tetrazine & the sodium salt of 5-aminotetrazole. There are 2 routes that I found to the first one. The 3,6-bis(methylthio)-1,2,4,5-tetrazene is apparently the easier-to-obtain precursor but I could find no references for its preparation. The 3,6-dihydrazino-1,2,4,5-tetrazine is an intermediate in a chain of chemistry for preparing other tetrazines & is not very accessible to the amateur.

BTATz forms salts with hydrazine, hydroxylamine, etc.

Resized to 800x359 pixels with Irfanview.

[Edited on 10-8-2008 by Ritter]

BTATz.gif - 23kB

Ritter
=============================
\"The production of too many useful things results in too many useless people.\"

Karl Marx
Rosco Bodine
Banned

Mood: analytical

[*] posted on 10-8-2008 at 12:38

Are you going to post the next hundred "interesting" compounds which you find, filling up this topic section, without showing *exactly* what makes these compounds interesting in the context of *amateur* experimentalism???
Ritter
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 10-8-2008 at 13:11

Quote:
Originally posted by Rosco Bodine
Are you going to post the next hundred "interesting" compounds which you find, filling up this topic section, without showing *exactly* what makes these compounds interesting in the context of *amateur* experimentalism???

I am currently surveying recent patents for high-tech energetics for personal reasons not related to this forum, so my current interest falls in this category. It is not my desire to 'fill' anything up.

There are hundreds of 'interesting' molecules but I only try to focus on those where there is either no clear answer to a question relating to a challenge in sourcing a starting material (3,6-dichloro-1,2,4,5-tetrazine or a precursor, for instance) or where there is an apparent opportunity for amateur experimentalism with the actual final energetic itself. Many of these miolecules do not fit in either category and hence do not get posted. An example of this is the very complex & demanding chemistry behind the 3,6-dihydrazino-1,2,4,5-tetrazine, which I would not post because it involves techniques that I would not consider to be within the scope of even the serious amateur.

[Edited on 10-8-2008 by Ritter]

Ritter
\"The production of too many useful things results in too many useless people.\"

Karl Marx
Rosco Bodine
Banned

[*] posted on 10-8-2008 at 14:44

Well I for one, and others for whom I will let them speak for themselves, regard what you are doing as a personal interest in researching rather obscure compounds having
difficult precursors, as being *irrelevant* to the general kind of topic material which is of interest to this forum. You should be more selective in the material you post here, and "cull the herd" instead of stampeding the lot through this little bandwidth heaven you have found here.
I have browsed thousands of patents and only a few dozen have been posted over years of time due to being selective, about more than just those which are "interesting" but have some chance of being *useful* in amateur experimentalism.

In not being selective in that regard, you are continually generating nothing but a lot of patent spam which would
be better placed on the FTP in a folder called "Ritter's collected patents of interest" instead of being posted here as an endless river of forum spam and post whoring which generates no real discussion.
franklyn
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 10-8-2008 at 15:00

I think it possible to have some middle ground. I'm interested in being informed
of whats new although unlikely I would undertake the actual effort at synthesis.
Just the same for want of more detailed coverage the treatment of specific
compounds do not merit an individual thread, suffice to start one thread on
nitrogen heterocyclic high energy density compounds and add to that as the
topic merits. As I did with amine metathesis as a topic of explosophore synthesis.

Rosco Bodine
Banned

[*] posted on 10-8-2008 at 15:09

This fellow won't listen, believe me. He will keep posting
images wide enough to cause formatting problems, even when asked politely to keep 'em down to 650 or so pixels.
And about patents, he knows better, everyone must share his interest in the next variant on some lethal toxin or obscure explosive or propellant. Hell I believe he is a DOD troll trying to get this forum shut down by making it a sore spot for the watchers and uncomfortable for the older members.
Sauron
International Hazard

Mood: metastable

[*] posted on 10-8-2008 at 20:52

No question, many of his images do cause formatting problems, because they exceed the maximum allowed width.

Ritter has stated that he has no home lab and that this is all a paper exercise for him so there is no question of experimentalism from his side.

The matter of "difficult reagents" is a sensitive onbe because the difficulties vary from place to place and with the means and resources of the experimenter. We do have at least one member who posts about exotic energetics but back it all up experimentally: Axt.

I am not so concerned about the content of Ritter's posts, as his persistance in posting thread after thread each devoted to basically one obscure patent.

Ritter, can't you just start ONE thread about energetics patent you dig up and post them all in there as you find them? This issue has been the subject of a thread in Forum Matters already. If you were to do so, I think you would find the irritation factor would be greatly alleviated.

Sic gorgeamus a los subjectatus nunc.
Rosco Bodine
Banned

[*] posted on 11-8-2008 at 06:56

The rest of the fellows style fits right in with the truly
dumbass matter of posting sources in the present climate , real Darwin award material there in regards to judgement. Regular search engine for the tools of death,
with a heavy rod knock, because of rocks in the head.

And as for taking this to U2U , been there, done that
already.
Ritter
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 11-8-2008 at 09:01

I was looking at 3,6-diamino-1, 2,4,5-tetrazine as a possible precursor for the 3,6-dichloro compound. No luck there but I did find the attached note from 1915.

There are a number of patents on the preparation of the diamine including this one: http://www.pat2pdf.org/patents/pat5281706.pdf. It states that the 1,4-dioxide is an explosive known as TZX.

[Edited on 11-8-2008 by Ritter]

3,6-Diamino-1,2,4,5-tetrazine.jpg - 51kB

Ritter

Karl Marx

Go To Top