Author: Subject: Introducing the "The short questions thread"
Nicodem
Super Moderator

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 12-9-2008 at 00:13
Introducing the "The short questions thread"

I opened a new sticky thread in the General chemistry section:
The short questions thread

I had the impression there are members who are reluctant to open a new thread for really simple and short questions that can be answered by a single reply. I don’t only have in mind the Yes/No type of questions, but also the factoid questions (like: Can someone please find the melting point of compound X?) or experience and practice related questions (like: What kind of extraction protocol would be best to use when isolating the product X after performing the reaction Y using the procedure Z?).
It is expected from the members to stubbornly stick to the topic of the question and also to further reply only if considering the first answer given as inadequate. This way we can avoid thread hijackings and keep the thread growing rate under control. When the thread size will grow too large it will be closed and a new one opened (same practice as in References section).

Your opinions, questions and suggestions regarding this novelty would be appreciated.
Panache
International Hazard

Mood: Instead of being my deliverance, she had a resemblance to a Kat named Frankenstein

[*] posted on 9-4-2009 at 17:53
Short questions thread

May i suggest archiving the current thread and linking it at the beginning of a new one, as it is very long.

Nicodem
Super Moderator
Threads Merged
10-4-2009 at 00:09
SHADYCHASE54
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 21-3-2011 at 21:21

I realize this has nothing to do with chemistry however, this is really bugging me. My computer will not open DjVu files what program do I need download to open these? Thanks for any help you can offer towards answering this.

SHADYCHASE54
madscientist
National Hazard

Mood: pyrophoric

[*] posted on 21-3-2011 at 21:28

http://sourceforge.net/projects/windjview/files/WinDjView/1....

I weep at the sight of flaming acetic anhydride.

Go To Top