Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: 4shared - not so friendly ?
kmno4
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 6-4-2009 at 03:19
4shared - not so friendly ?

I have informations that 4shared service is unavailable if someone connects it via IP from China. In another words - 4shared bans China. Can anyone confirm this rumour ? Or knows another exaple(s) of banned countries ? Or just China bans 4shared ?

[Edited on 6-4-2009 by kmno4]
not_important
International Hazard

[*] posted on 6-4-2009 at 06:46

Over the last several years China has blocked 4shared on and off, as well as some other sharing sites. I'd suspect a conservative government like China's over the file hosting company; even if it is the hosting company I'd check to see if their arm is being twisted.

kmno4
International Hazard

[*] posted on 6-4-2009 at 08:53

Ha.
Rapidshare, ifile.it, filehoster.ru.... are good but 4shared is bad.
Pitifuly stupid issue.
Sauron
International Hazard

Mood: metastable

[*] posted on 6-4-2009 at 09:29

The Chines Communist Party is paranoid about all things Internet and ever anxious to obtain leverage and maintain control. They have bullied Microsoft, Yahoo, Google etc. and so I suppose 4shared is all of a piece.

Perhaps, for the sake of argument, we can postulate that 4shared refuses to service China as a protest over the occupation of Tibet/

Or its treatment of political dissidnts.

Or any of a dozen other such possible issues.

Why would you care? Are you a fan of the Beijing regime?

I rather doubt that this is the explanation but my point is, why are you on about 4shared vs China?

I am not a fan of 4shared, I think they are a smarmy fraudulent Internet operation that fails to deliver on its advertised claims. But I could give a shit about their relationship with China.

Sic gorgeamus a los subjectatus nunc.
chemrox
International Hazard

Mood: LaGrangian

[*] posted on 30-6-2009 at 15:53

I dislike them for the other reasons but Sauron could add the USA to the people China bullies successfully; especially since the last pres put us in debt to them to about $750 B

"When you let the dumbasses vote you end up with populism followed by autocracy and getting back is a bitch." Plato (sort of)
Sauron
International Hazard

Mood: metastable

[*] posted on 30-6-2009 at 16:45

It took 2 months to cancel 4dhsred Premium

They ignored numerous email instructions to cancel, demanding that I do so online which required a PW they had never provided to me. Requests for the PW went ignored.

Finally I cancelled the credit card. That way 4shared could no longer make any charges, The bank center reissued the card with a different number. After that 4shared gave me the PW to cancel online.

They asked reason for cancelling, I said nonperformance by service provider.

For me, 4shared Premium had weo adcantage over free. There was no difference in upload or download rate, and this made the extra storage impossible to use. Free has no bandwidth limit, Premium has a limit. And so on. It's a scam and ther business tactics are smarmy to criminal.

And they are in UK not China!

Sic gorgeamus a los subjectatus nunc.

Go To Top