Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Formamide
Sedit
International Hazard

Mood: Manic Expressive

[*] posted on 24-6-2009 at 17:51

I feel the extraction of a very many substances people say are over the counter always seem to turn into an expensive and highly uneconomical(not to mention not as much fun:P) way to aquire many chemicals. If given the choice I would synthesis this thru the Leuckart well before attempting to extract it. The few things that are worth the extra money and time to extract are useful damn near impossible to aquire things like red Phosphorus from matchbooks. And even then only for catalytical work for things such as MeI synthesis and the likes because using it in a reaction where it is consumed means you have to go thru all that crap again.

[Edited on 25-6-2009 by Sedit]

Knowledge is useless to useless people...

"I see a lot of patterns in our behavior as a nation that parallel a lot of other historical processes. The fall of Rome, the fall of Germany — the fall of the ruling country, the people who think they can do whatever they want without anybody else's consent. I've seen this story before."~Maynard James Keenan
jamit
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 31-10-2015 at 09:31

Anyone interested in buying some formamide? I been given several 500ml bottles and I don't have any use for it as I don't know what I can use it for.
And this thread hasn't shed much light on its usage.
And since it produces carbon monoxide with addition of acid I want to be sure if I'm going to use it for some experiment.

Anyone suggest some other experiments? Does it have a place in a home lab?
Lastly why is it listed as a restricted/ watched chemical?

[Edited on 31-10-2015 by jamit]
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top