Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Lab clearout/sale
itchyfruit
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 17-8-2009 at 07:23
Lab clearout/sale

I'm going to view a lab tomorrow that's closing down it's a paint pigment research type place, i'm told their are quite a few items coming up for sale over the next few weeks i'm going to be taken on a guided tour and given the opportunity to put in offers.
I've been told that most of the glassware is contaminated and is going to have to be destroyed,but their are things like hot plates stirrers retorts balances and fume cupboards and various other stuff.
If anyone here wants me to look out for anything in particular and get details i'll be happy to do so,but then it'll be up to you to make offers etc.
I will be collecting my items and a few bits for a friend of mine and i should have room in my van to collect other stuff but then it'll be down to you to collect it from me or arrange a courier.
I'm going on my bike tomorrow so i can't really take anyone along,but it may be possible to meet and go together.
solo
International Hazard

Mood: ....getting old and drowning in a sea of knowledge

[*] posted on 17-8-2009 at 07:31

........i need a hot plate stirrer, check it out and get me a price and where to send payment...thanks...solo

It's better to die on your feet, than live on your knees....Emiliano Zapata.
Rich_Insane
Hazard to Others

Mood: alive

[*] posted on 17-8-2009 at 08:03

Need a hotplate....give me a quote when you can.

[Edited on 17-8-2009 by Rich_Insane]
itchyfruit
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 17-8-2009 at 08:53

Sorry i forgot this lot is in London England. Well the lab is in SE London but i'm west London(nr Heathrow) i keep forgetting this is an American site.

Can't one of the admin give it an American accent a Texas one would be good :D
itchyfruit
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 18-8-2009 at 14:03

I went today and some of the stuff is pretty cool i brought a few bits and i'm putting in offers on a few more but a lot of the stuff is a bit over the top for what i do,here's a list of some of the stuff that may be of interest to you guys,what they haven't sold by the end of the month is going to be put on Ebay.

2 x single fume cupboards 1 x triple fume cupboard both old built in ducted types
4 x single hot plate stirrers 1 x triple hot plate stirrer + a few just stirrers (high speed,magnetic,and rotary) and just hot plates, all various makes.
A few retort stands with boss/clamp.
6 X very large bacuhers flasks 4&5 litre plus some very large bacuhers funnels 150mm to 250mm
2 x starious 6.2 kg .00 scales
1 x 6.1 kg .00 scales
1 x metler pc 440 .000 scales
2 x starious 110g .0000 balances
1 x 1000oc furnace
4 x ovens
glass flume 250 (not sure what this does)
More stuff should become available over the next week, if your interested in any of this PM me and i'll give you the contact details of receivers representative
kclo4
National Hazard

[*] posted on 18-8-2009 at 14:30

I'm interested in any 24/40 glassware... if it is a reasonable price, etc.
digital pH, or some "high temperature" thermometers +300 or so would be nice...

Let me know what you find :)

itchyfruit
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 18-8-2009 at 15:30

I don't think they have any quick fit stuff(i presume 24/40 is quick fit) i'm going again on friday so i'll ask about PH meters and thermometers and get some photos of what they have ;)
Formula409
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 20-8-2009 at 01:45

I'm interested in 1 x starious 110g .0000 balance and 1 x triple hot plate stirrer. Please ask them what they want for it! Have U2U'd you!

Also could you keep an eye out for:
Digital pH meter
Overhead stirrer

Thanks!
Formula409.

[Edited on 20-8-2009 by Formula409]
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 20-8-2009 at 04:55

I'm interested in a hotplate stirrer (homemade one having issues to the effect that it works perfectly with a screw or nail but when I spent 6 quid on a proper teflon coated stirrer bar it just chucked it around the beaker) and also any joblots of general glassware. I don't really mind if they're dirty, I can clean.
I expect that I'll end up picking up some of it on ebay considering my love for the site. I'm also happy to help collect stuff.

I second the point about the accent. But when would the site start speaking?
itchyfruit
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 20-8-2009 at 04:58

Kclo4 no quickfit glassware,only analogue PH meters,he's going to take a look for thermometers.

Formula409 as above, i have pm'd you they have quite a few overhead stirrers but as with everything you have to make them an offer they don't seem keen on giving prices !!!
kclo4
National Hazard

[*] posted on 20-8-2009 at 09:42

I'm interested in the analogue pH meters as well, assuming they are in good working condition.
Oh and how much for buncher funnels do you think? I don't know what to offer, but I am very interested in those as well, more so then the pH meter.

itchyfruit
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 20-8-2009 at 10:48

I'm going their tomorrow and taking a camera so i'll post some photos(with my newly acquired URL skills ;) ) the bunchers are big 4/5L and the funnels are from about 150mm upwards.
Are you in the US or UK as shipping could be expensive!! all i can suggest is offer what you want to pay i don't think that many people would have much use for bunchers that size so you may get lucky,i think they have 6+ PH meters.
kclo4
National Hazard

[*] posted on 20-8-2009 at 13:20

I am located in the US, but I assume these will be selling for much less then they are worth - right?
I'm pm you the values I am willing to pay.

anotheronebitesthedust
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 20-8-2009 at 23:12

Let us know when they put the stuff up for auction on Ebay, along with their Ebay username or a link, please.

P.S. Good quality buchner funnels sell for quite a bit on Ebay (well people at least try to sell them for quite a bit on Ebay).
chemrox
International Hazard

Mood: LaGrangian

[*] posted on 21-8-2009 at 12:18

kclo4 wants all the stuff I want ... sigh

"When you let the dumbasses vote you end up with populism followed by autocracy and getting back is a bitch." Plato (sort of)
itchyfruit
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 21-8-2009 at 15:42

There are quite a few duplicates and more of various items but you will have to contact the administrator (contact me for his details) for price negotiation and payments. However they are not prepared to ship so anybody who can't collect them themselves I may be able to ship for you if you have paid for the stuff before I collect the rest of my stuff which will be the 1st week of September. Here are the photos as promised.

They are on Flickr -
http://www.flickr.com/search/people/
type itchyflick in the search box and you should get access to 38 photos
kclo4
National Hazard

[*] posted on 21-8-2009 at 22:10

chemrox, go for it. I probably won't have time for much stuff soon and the rigged buchner funnel I have works well enough atm for me.

Go To Top