Printable Version  
Author: Subject: United Nuclear
itchyfruit
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 5-1-2010 at 12:02
United Nuclear

United Nuclear have decided to ship internationally .. WAHOOOOO
I found this out whilst trying to look up the procedure for the luminol demonstration in their chemistry experiments section, which doesn't seem to be working. So if someone has a link i'd be very grateful for it.
mnick12
Hazard to Others

Mood: devious

[*] posted on 5-1-2010 at 12:48

Hi itchyfruit, i'm guessing united nuclear may be doing construction on there site because the link on unitednuclear's homepage isn't working for me either. Unitednuclear is a pretty good site for inorganics and they also have pretty good prices. One thing I noticed they have pretty bad shipping rates, and I bet they are not going to be any better for international orers. :P
hissingnoise
International Hazard

Mood: Pulverulescent!

[*] posted on 5-1-2010 at 12:56

Their ordering info page still says they do not accept orders from outside the US.

itchyfruit
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 5-1-2010 at 13:07

In what's new they say worldwide shipping in January, but perhaps nothing came of it.
hissingnoise
International Hazard

Mood: Pulverulescent!

[*] posted on 5-1-2010 at 13:29

They used to ship internationally---I got lead ball-mill media from them years ago.
Shipping was pricy!
Rich_Insane
Hazard to Others

Mood: alive

[*] posted on 8-1-2010 at 12:15

These guys have insane shipping. It ruins their awesome prices. I was just going to buy a simple thermometer from them, and I racked up 10 bucks....
wolfman
Harmless

[*] posted on 8-3-2010 at 22:43

So, is United Nuclear a pretty good place to order from? How is the quality of their stuff?
mnick12
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 9-3-2010 at 06:14

Wolfman, in my opinion united nuclear is fine to order from as long as you do not need alot of whatever particular reagent you are buying. As for quality it seems to be what they claim, though I have not done any real anylitical tests. The only problem that I have had is once I ordered some nickel and copper nitrate both were fine purity wise, but they were stuck together in one massive lump from moisture, so mabe this was not there fault but they are the ones who packaged it. Oh and shipping sucks my... anyway they are pretty good.
undead_alchemist
Hazard to Others

Mood: Tired, Cleaning up corporate messes at work!

[*] posted on 9-3-2010 at 09:03

Quote: Originally posted by mnick12  
Wolfman, in my opinion united nuclear is fine to order from as long as you do not need alot of whatever particular reagent you are buying. As for quality it seems to be what they claim, though I have not done any real anylitical tests. The only problem that I have had is once I ordered some nickel and copper nitrate both were fine purity wise, but they were stuck together in one massive lump from moisture, so mabe this was not there fault but they are the ones who packaged it. Oh and shipping sucks my... anyway they are pretty good.

I have had products from larger companies like J.T.Baker come has solid lumps as well. Depends on what the chemical is, and if a flow agent was added or not.
mnick12
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 9-3-2010 at 14:55

That is a good point, but this was more than being lumpy or damp it was an entire block that could only be chipped into little pieces with a screwdriver.
undead_alchemist
Hazard to Others

Mood: Tired, Cleaning up corporate messes at work!

[*] posted on 9-3-2010 at 19:51

Quote: Originally posted by mnick12  
That is a good point, but this was more than being lumpy or damp it was an entire block that could only be chipped into little pieces with a screwdriver.

I have had the to do the same with some Potassium Chloride from J.T.Baker. It was solid block as well. This was USP Grade too.
wolfman
Harmless

[*] posted on 4-5-2010 at 23:44

Cool, thanks for answering my question. Sorry it took so long to respond to say thanks.

Go To Top