Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: NM/HNO3 det probs
Justin
Hazard to Self

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 6-5-2010 at 18:48
NM/HNO3 det probs

Hi i am having problems detonating a 70:30 NM/ 70%c HNO3 solution. I have used a cap with about 1-2g HMTD with 100mL charge and im not getting a detonation. Should i use more primary? Is this HE even worth messing with, btw im using 99.9% pure NM and completely clear 70%HNO3. should i be putting these chems to better use? would using cloth or sawdust or some sort of absorbant help with the inconvience of using a liquid HE and not affect VOD and brisance? First post, been reading for quite a while and experimenting on my own but this is my first venture into liquid explosives. Would somebody explain the best way of putting the cap in the charge, i just use 1 1/2 in bic pen tubes sealed with hot glue and a safety fuse. Thanks for your help and vast knowledge!
gnitseretni
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 6-5-2010 at 19:22

I've made several NM/HNO3 charges. For small charges (about 250ml or less) I used a ratio of 70/30 (100%NM/70%HNO3), and for larger charges I used 75/25.

I mixed the two on site to ensure detonation as they wouldn't always work if I'd let em sit for a while. The caps I used were about .5g PETN with a little AP.

I liked NM/HNO3 charges as they were easy to scale up. But NM is just too damn expensive now!

Go To Top