Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Freeware Program for Drawing Apparatus
MagicJigPipe
International Hazard

Mood: Suspicious

[*] posted on 23-6-2010 at 08:17
Freeware Program for Drawing Apparatus

Can anyone help me out really quick? I have a lab report due at 1pm CST and I need to... well, you know.

Thanks in advance...

EDIT:
This new Flash program called Chemix2.0 sucks. It has a RB flask and a condenser but no stillhead! WTF? And no heating mantle and you can't change the size of the objects. This is only for artists who want to make chemistry posters.

[Edited on 6-23-2010 by MagicJigPipe]

"There must be no barriers to freedom of inquiry ... There is no place for dogma in science. The scientist is free, and must be free to ask any question, to doubt any assertion, to seek for any evidence, to correct any errors. ... We know that the only way to avoid error is to detect it and that the only way to detect it is to be free to inquire. And we know that as long as men are free to ask what they must, free to say what they think, free to think what they will, freedom can never be lost, and science can never regress." -J. Robert Oppenheimer
Nicodem
Super Moderator

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 23-6-2010 at 09:13

The "lab kit" section of the templates in ChemSketch has nearly everything you need to draw nice schemes of chemical apparatuses. Whatever piece it lacks you can draw by modification of the existing ones.

ChemSketch 12 is freeware.
Sedit
International Hazard

Mood: Manic Expressive

[*] posted on 23-6-2010 at 09:32

Id have to agree with Nicodem, alot of templates and you can have the program downloaded and installed in a flash if time was an issue.

Knowledge is useless to useless people...

"I see a lot of patterns in our behavior as a nation that parallel a lot of other historical processes. The fall of Rome, the fall of Germany — the fall of the ruling country, the people who think they can do whatever they want without anybody else's consent. I've seen this story before."~Maynard James Keenan
psychokinetic
National Hazard

Mood: Constantly missing equilibrium

[*] posted on 23-6-2010 at 13:15

Yep, what Nicodem said.

That's what I use, myself. Good fun.

“If Edison had a needle to find in a haystack, he would proceed at once with the diligence of the bee to examine straw after straw until he found the object of his search.
I was a sorry witness of such doings, knowing that a little theory and calculation would have saved him ninety per cent of his labor.”
-Tesla
MagicJigPipe
International Hazard

Mood: Suspicious

[*] posted on 27-6-2010 at 16:07

Yes, I have used it before and completely forgot about it. Thanks, I didn't have time to use it on my report but I will from now on.

"There must be no barriers to freedom of inquiry ... There is no place for dogma in science. The scientist is free, and must be free to ask any question, to doubt any assertion, to seek for any evidence, to correct any errors. ... We know that the only way to avoid error is to detect it and that the only way to detect it is to be free to inquire. And we know that as long as men are free to ask what they must, free to say what they think, free to think what they will, freedom can never be lost, and science can never regress." -J. Robert Oppenheimer

Go To Top