Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: order h2so4 in the US
sabbath06
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 26-8-2010 at 07:24
order h2so4 in the US

I want to buy a liter or so of concentrated h2so4 off of eBay or another site that sells chems like I have seen recommended here before but I think it's wikipedia that mentions sulfuric acid being dea list ii.

Has Anyone else in the US ordered it and run into any problems? Are there like threshold amounts or what?
Synthettek
Harmless

[*] posted on 26-8-2010 at 09:41

Quote: Originally posted by sabbath06  
I want to buy a liter or so of concentrated h2so4 off of eBay or another site that sells chems like I have seen recommended here before but I think it's wikipedia that mentions sulfuric acid being dea list ii.

Has Anyone else in the US ordered it and run into any problems? Are there like threshold amounts or what?

DEA List II isn't really of any concern unless you are purchasing crazy amounts. So is acetone, HCl, toluene, etc are all on the DEA List II.

There are threshold amounts, but all are pretty high up there. If you search google for "DEA list of Chemicals" you'll come up with this and other results: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DEA_list_of_chemicals

As for sulfuric acid in the US, I would just purchase it in person with cash, if you are truly worried. Home Depot and Ace Hardware are two stores that for sure sell it in 98% concentrate. Look for the brand "Rooto" professional drain cleaner.

EDIT: Also you'll save a ton of money on shipping if you just purchase in person. This would have to be shipping GROUND-ONLY as a ORM-D commodity. This makes the shipping be much more expensive. You're best bet is to run over to your local hardware store and ask for Rooto.

[Edited on 8-26-2010 by Synthettek]
ScienceSquirrel
International Hazard

Mood: Dogs are pets but cats are little furry humans with four feet and self determination! :(

[*] posted on 26-8-2010 at 09:53

Acetone is used for cleaning glass reinforced plastic resin, dissolving superglue and lots of other uses.
Hydrochloric is used in cleaning grave stones, patios, etc
Toluene is used in high performance rally car fuel etc.
Sulphuric acid is used in drain cleaner, steel pickle, etc
They are looking for large purchases by people who do not have a legitimate use.
There is an old style beer called milk stout in the UK because it is sweetened with lactose.
Lactose is also used to cut drugs. If you buy small amounts you will not have any bother, start buying 25kg bags and Inspector Knacker of the Yard might be round to check you out!
sabbath06
Harmless

[*] posted on 27-8-2010 at 12:27

Thanks everyone. got some rooto at Ace 5 minutes away

Go To Top