Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Where can I get a lot analysis?
postart
Hazard to Self

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 26-10-2010 at 09:07
Where can I get a lot analysis?

Hay, I hope this is the right section to post this. Anyways I wanted to know where I could go and get a lot analysis on certain compounds I have made. Does anyone know of where this could be done? Is there labs that will do GC/MS analysis's for a fee to individuals? What type of labs should I be looking for?
HydroCarbon
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 27-10-2010 at 18:00

As long as you have money, and what you want to test isn't illegal, hard to work with or test, and/or exceptionally hazardous most analytical labs will run tests for you, especially GC/MS since it doesn't take much resources. Be prepared, however, to pay at least $500-1000 with the price increasing for more complex testing.

Call up some labs and ask questions. You should have no problem getting answers, they want to do tests and make money.

What sorts of product are you making?
DDTea
National Hazard

Mood: Degenerate

[*] posted on 27-10-2010 at 18:38

You can do this. Just be aware that some labs have minimum order requirements, e.g. $50. Also, they may charge for hazardous waste disposal.

"In the end the proud scientist or philosopher who cannot be bothered to make his thought accessible has no choice but to retire to the heights in which dwell the Great Misunderstood and the Great Ignored, there to rail in Olympic superiority at the folly of mankind." - Reginald Kapp.
blogfast25
International Hazard

[*] posted on 28-10-2010 at 04:58

Universities will often do these things at lower prices, as student projects...
peach
Bon Vivant

[*] posted on 28-10-2010 at 13:16

If you do some googling for "HPLC testing" and the similar combinations, you'll find there are quite a few people offering the service.

I'm sure I remember hearing from one guy who'd had an NMR done this way for $50.

Go To Top