Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Cyclic amphetamines
Renaissance Man
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 26-12-2010 at 16:09
Cyclic amphetamines

*please move this if necessary, I didn't know if this belonged here or somewhere like organic*

I always found this subject interesting. (really all cyclic relatives of well examined compounds) The biological effects of each change in how something is cyclized seem modulate quantitative effects of chemicals perhaps more so than other changes to structure in many cases.(probably not surprising considering a ring holds its shape more tightly than a bike chain) What kind of comparisons can we draw between morphine, fentanyl, and PCP? what would a simplified ergoline structure do in the body (I don't know how to name it, AMT with the alpha methyl stuck to the 4 position) It seems one could spend hours investigating just one of the many questions that could be asked.

The only cyclic amphetamines I could really dig up good data on that may not be universally known here (aminoindanes and the aminorex family) were Phenmetrazine, a cyclopentyl derivative, and some methyl-isoquinolines which are interestingly enough fairly common in natural structures like berberine. I have thought about other obvious ones, aminotetralin came to mind which has gone through some testing, methylindoline, obvious hetrocylcic analogues of aminorex or phenmetrazine, and modifying the methylenedioxy coupling in MDA and the like.

Actually testing anything new in this vein could be extremely dangerous depending on the compound given that some examples or their metabolites may be toxic like amino naphthalene. Nitrogen hetrocycles do some very bad things in the body sometimes. Quite a lot of possibilities have not been explored. Interesting as curiosities, but I could easily imagine another MPPP situation occurring if someone reckless was a bit to interested.

I am particularly interested in very bulky bridged derivatives and their metabolic activity, similar to 2C-G-5 (from norbornane/bicycloheptane)

Does anyone have some theories on the behavior of anything similar, or literature hits? I could not find too much on anything except for a small number of compounds.
solo
International Hazard

Mood: ....getting old and drowning in a sea of knowledge

[*] posted on 26-12-2010 at 16:34

2-Benzylaziridines. Cyclic analogs of amphetamines
Keith Brewster, Roger M. Pinder
J. Med. Chem.
1972, 15 (10), pp 1078–1079
DOI: 10.1021/jm00280a025

Attachment: 2-Benzylaziridines. Cyclic Analogs of Amphetamines.pdf (277kB)
This file has been downloaded 646 times

[Edited on 27-12-2010 by solo]

It's better to die on your feet, than live on your knees....Emiliano Zapata.
Renaissance Man
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 27-12-2010 at 19:39

hmmm, I remember seeing something on here about those compounds a while back and couldent find the thread again. The pdf is interesting, Thanks
solo
International Hazard

Mood: ....getting old and drowning in a sea of knowledge

[*] posted on 28-12-2010 at 08:05

Quote: Originally posted by Renaissance Man  
hmmm, I remember seeing something on here about those compounds a while back and couldent find the thread again. The pdf is interesting, Thanks

.....well you did but what happened to the UTFSE,

http://www.sciencemadness.org/talk/viewthread.php?tid=7061

It's better to die on your feet, than live on your knees....Emiliano Zapata.

Go To Top