Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Firecracker Mix ( high VOD binary composition)
MineMan
National Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 1-7-2019 at 23:17

Wesson. Your procedures have met a lot of criticism. Thank you for politely responding. Although you had me convinced from your first post. The quality of your post are excellent. The only issue I see you have to mix the NHN with the ETN and any stray heat or static can set that off to DDT. So the perfect cap is still out there. This isn’t it. But it’s damn close.

I like the idea of using a car board tube with no shrapnel.

Yes. We can t forget LL. Truly a wizard. Wonder what he is working on now?

I am still waiting if anyone has any binary dets? I have one but the simpler recipe will only set off AN comps probably and requires a copper tube. But you field mix it.
wessonsmith
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 2-7-2019 at 04:28

Quote: Originally posted by MineMan  
Wesson. Your procedures have met a lot of criticism. Thank you for politely responding. Although you had me convinced from your first post. The quality of your post are excellent. The only issue I see you have to mix the NHN with the ETN and any stray heat or static can set that off to DDT. So the perfect cap is still out there. This isn’t it. But it’s damn close.

I like the idea of using a car board tube with no shrapnel.

Yes. We can t forget LL. Truly a wizard. Wonder what he is working on now?

I am still waiting if anyone has any binary dets? I have one but the simpler recipe will only set off AN comps probably and requires a copper tube. But you field mix it.

Thank you for your support. Actually, the firecracker mix was never meant to be my detonator, however, they are powerful enough to be one:). I loved the idea of using relatively safe energetics, from friction and static electricity perspective, in fireworks for an exciting BANG! Both powders placed in a plastic container can be safely mixed together. The friction and shock energies required for those to detonate are far greater than what you can provide even vigorously shaking the container. That is why I highlighted the fact that this composition is safer than Flash powder.

To be clear. My robust detonators are layered. Melt-cast ETN, Powdered ETN, and NHN. They are made from steel tubing or Centrifuge Tubes and I have absolutely no fear of accidental detonation precisely because I am using NHN. This is why I am pushing it so. When you use primaries that are 80x less sensitive to friction than LA, you have virtually eliminated any chance of an accident, as long as you respect what you are working with and take your time. My detonator design also requires the use of microcrystalline cellulose. My press tool presses down on the microcrystalline cellulose which then presses down on the NHN. Friction danger using this method is completely eliminated.
wessonsmith
Hazard to Others

biggrin.gif posted on 3-7-2019 at 12:47

Quick update on my binary mixture. On one side of an aluminum can I taped a heat-treated firecracker and on the opposite side of the can I taped a non-heat treated firecracker.

I lit the heat treated firecracker and when it detonated it was also able to completely detonate the second non-heat-treated one. So much force was generated that it blew that 12kg plate completely off the lid. HUGE detonation! This binary mixture is for real:)

[Edited on 3-7-2019 by wessonsmith]
wessonsmith
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 3-7-2019 at 18:16
Steel Container (1mm)

Here are some photos of that little firecracker and what it can do to this stainless steel container. I'd say that has some power!

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1C5HHC-E3yP7esQ0FmKhP...

[Edited on 4-7-2019 by wessonsmith]
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top