Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: glycine nitrate process help needed!
daragh8008
Hazard to Self

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 8-1-2011 at 09:03
glycine nitrate process help needed!

I was reading up on forming high quality composite oxides and the glycine nitrate process looks like a lot of fun to try. Essentially it involves igniting a mixture of glycine with metal nitrates of your choice to form the desired product. By heating the solution till it autoignites the reaction rapidly heats up from circa 200C to upto 1300C producing a voluminous smoke containing your composite oxide in nanoscale size particles. The speed of the reaction ensures that there isn't enough time for the phase separation of the different oxides. However from what I'm reading it appears that this could be quite an energetic reaction and I can't seem to find any info on the equipment needed to do this. Has anyone got any experience with this process. If so what kind of equipment can you use to contain the reaction / collect the product. Any suggestions? thanks
The WiZard is In
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 9-1-2011 at 09:03

Quote: Originally posted by daragh8008  
I was reading up on forming high quality composite oxides and the glycine nitrate process looks like a lot of fun to try. Essentially it involves igniting a mixture of glycine with metal nitrates of your choice to form the desired product. By heating the solution till it autoignites the reaction rapidly heats up from circa 200C to upto 1300C producing a voluminous smoke containing your composite oxide in nanoscale size particles. The speed of the reaction ensures that there isn't enough time for the phase separation of the different oxides. However from what I'm reading it appears that this could be quite an energetic reaction and I can't seem to find any info on the equipment needed to do this. Has anyone got any experience with this process. If so what kind of equipment can you use to contain the reaction / collect the product. Any suggestions? thanks

Sugestion?

www.justfuckinggoogleit.com

www.google.com/books works too.
daragh8008
Hazard to Self

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 10-1-2011 at 05:40

Thanks!

Go To Top