Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: How do i make a cheap easy functioning fan hood?
ClanChem
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

biggrin.gif posted on 7-2-2011 at 20:53
How do i make a cheap easy functioning fan hood?

Could someone please explain to me how to best make a safe fan hood or give me the web address of a supplier I can buy one from I have found a few different designs on the web but i'm just wondering what the science madness community thinks is the best and safest way to go about building/buying one.
Regolith
Hazard to Self

Mood: Glacial

[*] posted on 7-2-2011 at 23:29

I'm new to the forum too here. However from previous boards I'm hesitant to start new threads just to ask questions.

This thread http://www.sciencemadness.org/talk/viewthread.php?tid=11755 that is currently active shows both rough drawings as well as significant discussion of both materials to use that are chemical resistant. Sash designs to maximize effectiveness of ventilation fans and fan ideas/working designs. The most low cost vs practical cheap fan hood I've ever seen was simply an oven range hood that had a pvc shower curtain strung inside and a powerful fan to pull the fumes outside. The workspace was only 0.5 meters squared but it was very effective.

When starting new in a board it's usually a good idea to ask your questions in a relevant forum that has active participants. Should your question be outside the scope of that board a moderator can move your question to a more suitable location.

Go To Top