Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: TATP question.
Flawed Soul
Harmless

[*] posted on 16-4-2020 at 10:25
TATP question.

Do you guys wash your tatp with a bicarb solution? I never did before and never had a problem. I don't store it for long periods. I was just wondering
Weka
Harmless

[*] posted on 16-4-2020 at 15:19

I would seriously not recommend making TATP, It sublimates into storage containers and when I was filtering some of it decomposed! also if it the rection is not cooled correctly large amounts of chloroacetone are generated (not that with adequate cooling chloroacetone isn't generated), all that being prefaced I did not wash with bicarb and a powerful detonation was observed with <100mg compressed, I suggest water washing bicarb is not required, anyway stay safe and don't make more than a gram or any at all, seriously.

[Edited on 16-4-2020 by Weka]

Pardon my spelling
j_sum1
Administrator

Mood: Metastable, and that's good enough.

[*] posted on 16-4-2020 at 16:17

@ Flawed Soul
You will find very little interest in TATP around here. For a number of reasons.
  • It is not a challenge or particularly interesting to make.
  • It is illegal in many places (with reason).
  • There are better alternatives.
  • It is famously twitchy and can detonate unexpectedly and catastrophically, particularly in the hands of the inexperienced.

Those who do make it will generally do it on the quiet and will certainly be reluctant to publish procedures: particularly in response to a request that amounts to spoonfeeding.
    On that note I am closing this thread down.
    j_sum1
    Administrator
    Thread Moved
    16-4-2020 at 16:18

Go To Top