Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Maximum amount concentration
Umbrellaterm
Harmless

thumbdown.gif posted on 20-11-2020 at 06:35
Maximum amount concentration

Theoretically speaking, if I heat potassium cyanide with HCl for example instead of using ferrocyanide, does it produce an equal amount of gas or more?
Let’s say I want the maximum concentration possible in about 30 min of heating the two. Preferably 300mg/m^2
ArbuzToWoda
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 20-11-2020 at 07:01

Just do a google search.
6 HCl + K3[Fe(CN)6] → 6 HCN + FeCl3 + 3 KCl
HCl + KCN -> HCN + KCl
For 1 mole of KCN you get 1 mole of HCN, for 1 mole of ferrocyanide you get 6 moles of HCN. If you can't research that, you ARE NOT qualified to work with cyanide, so please do not. Amounts like 300mg/m^2 are far more than enough to kill a person.
Umbrellaterm
Harmless

[*] posted on 20-11-2020 at 07:08

Quote: Originally posted by ArbuzToWoda  
Just do a google search.
6 HCl + K3[Fe(CN)6] → 6 HCN + FeCl3 + 3 KCl
HCl + KCN -> HCN + KCl
For 1 mole of KCN you get 1 mole of HCN, for 1 mole of ferrocyanide you get 6 moles of HCN. If you can't research that, you ARE NOT qualified to work with cyanide, so please do not. Amounts like 300mg/m^2 are far more than enough to kill a person.

Sir. A Google search does not do my question justice.

I know the stoichiometry ratio , I just want to know if I can use potassium cyanide instead of FERROCYANIDE to make a greater yield in terms of concentration?
And please avoid speaking in terms of killing because I’m not even remotely thinking about anything alike.
Tsjerk
International Hazard

Mood: Mood

[*] posted on 20-11-2020 at 08:02

If you can't distinguish between yield, amount and concentration I don't think you should be heating either cyanide or ferrocyanide with or without HCl.
njl
Hazard to Others

Member Is Online

Mood: 20 miles into bat country

[*] posted on 20-11-2020 at 08:13

Quote: Originally posted by Umbrellaterm  

And please avoid speaking in terms of killing because I’m not even remotely thinking about anything alike.

Regardless of what you may or may not be planning, their concern is for your health. I don't think Arbuz meant that you were going to poison someone else. More that you would almost certainly poison yourself.

If this is a question from a chemistry class then you have your answer. If it's more than that then you've been warned.
Umbrellaterm
Harmless

[*] posted on 20-11-2020 at 08:36

Since nobody will give me an answer, I offer to pay for the information.
Anyone interested can email me on bort@ctemplar.com
I’m sure we can work something out.
ArbuzToWoda
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 20-11-2020 at 08:44

Admins...?
I don't want to be the bad guy and the killjoy, but this is getting really bad-sounding. Umbrellaterm in his posts literally asks in what concentrations to mix HCl and KCN to obtain deadly concentrations, then offers to PAY for information. This is not how this forum works, no one with a clear conscience will help you in this way. Your query requires you to think about it for a second and have basic chemical knowledge. I'm just waiting for the next news to hear about a person gassing something or someone to death. KCN IS DANGEROUS AS SHIT, AND EVEN I, OFTEN HAVING DISREGARDED SAFETY PRECAUTIONS, AM SAYING THIS.
Umbrellaterm
Harmless

[*] posted on 20-11-2020 at 22:47

Arbuz , respectfully, I already said I have no bad intentions. At all. I’m just curious about chemist that’s all. Besides, this information is something anyone can look up no?
Am I responsible for other people killing each other with information widely accessible?
The answer is of coarse, no.
Now arbuz you have given me a lot of details about cyamide in general in pm and iam forever grateful for that.
Umbrellaterm
Harmless

[*] posted on 20-11-2020 at 23:01

Arbuz , respectfully, I already said I have no bad intentions. At all. I’m just curious about chemist that’s all. Besides, this information is something anyone can look up no?
Am I responsible for other people killing each other with information widely accessible?
The answer is of coarse, no.
Now arbuz you have given me a lot of details about cyamide in general in pm and iam forever grateful for that.
Quote: Originally posted by Tsjerk  
If you can't distinguish between yield, amount and concentration I don't think you should be heating either cyanide or ferrocyanide with or without HCl.

I think you misunderstood what I tried to communicate.

[Edited on 21-11-2020 by Umbrellaterm]
Tsjerk
International Hazard

Mood: Mood

[*] posted on 21-11-2020 at 05:41

No one here will help you.

You are obviously looking for a way to get an atmospheric HCN concentration of just above that to kill a person in 10 minutes.

[Edited on 21-11-2020 by Tsjerk]
Umbrellaterm
Harmless

[*] posted on 21-11-2020 at 05:56

Quote: Originally posted by Tsjerk  
No one here will help you.

You are obviously looking for a way to get an atmospheric HCN concentration of just above that to kill a person in 10 minutes.

[Edited on 21-11-2020 by Tsjerk]

No I’m not.
ArbuzToWoda
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 21-11-2020 at 05:58

Quote: Originally posted by Umbrellaterm  
[Edited on 21-11-2020 by Umbrellaterm]

Sure. I would be forever grateful if you could tell us what your intentions are, then. Don't tell me it's theory only, you clearly have some cyanide you want to test and/or convert to HCN. But why?
mackolol
National Hazard

Mood: Psychedelic

[*] posted on 21-11-2020 at 09:57

What the fuck even, is this a topic about how to make an Auschwitz gas chamber :D?

If you want to know anything about chemistry, then just open that fucking chemistry schoolbook from primary school or whatever and get the basic information on the level of 14 year - olds in chemistry class. If not then you will kill yourself prior to the other person you want to. And if you refuse to tell what you're going to do exactly, especially with that dangerous type of stuff, nobody is gonna help you on this forum.

This is forum about getting knowledge, but not spoonfeeding people who ain't know a shit about the thing and acting stupidly.

Besides that, what do you want to know, has no use in amateur chemistry.
Why would you want to reach certain concentration of HCN gas in the air and in certain time. For chemical synthesis? I doubt it.

And come on, it's not the first time, somebody asks for such suspisious information and, when asked to explain what are his intentions, just refuses to answer and offers money for help. Is he a next level bot? Or some al-khaida member that doesn't have access to school education?
Whatever, I think it should be stated in some regulations on this forum, that these type of behaviours should be banned.

[Edited on 21-11-2020 by mackolol]
greenlight
International Hazard

Mood: Energetic

[*] posted on 21-11-2020 at 10:40

:DWhat the actual fuck is this guy for real :D:D

Nah, we should give him the benefit of the doubt guys, he could just ummm..... have a rodent problem maybe:(

Seriously though, I can't think of an experiment that you require CN- for, that you couldn't just use the potassium or sodium salt which is 10x safer than generating the fucking atmospheric gas "in as high concentration as possible".

The only use for an atomic bomb is to keep somebody else from using one.
George Wald
symboom
International Hazard

Mood: Doing science while it is still legal since 2010

[*] posted on 21-11-2020 at 11:03

Yes the OP is really obsessed with cyanide should we be all worried about Dr. cyanide? Then he keeps saying I'll pay for this information seems really strange. That's all his posts are about is cyanide.

@mackolol could not have said it better myself
Vomaturge
Hazard to Others

Mood: thermodynamic

[*] posted on 21-11-2020 at 12:07

No amount of money will get you an answer, nobody knows how much you need for 300 mg/m2 (m^3 maybe?) when theres no indication of what area or volume its going into. How much you need depends on the size of space it's going into, whether theres any ventilation, etc. Who wants 300mg/m3 of hydrogen cyanide DISPERSED IN THE AIR anyway? That's not enough to do an effective synthesis, but it could be enough to kill yourself or someone else, whether that was your intention or not.

I I I see, where this is gonna go...

[Edited on 21-11-2020 by Vomaturge]

I now have a YouTube channel. So far just electronics and basic High Voltage experimentation, but I'll hopefully have some chemistry videos soon.
symboom
International Hazard

Mood: Doing science while it is still legal since 2010

[*] posted on 21-11-2020 at 21:12

@ Vomaturge
I agree this definitely belongs in Detritus

[Edited on 22-11-2020 by symboom]
Texium (zts16)
Administrator

Mood: Triturated

[*] posted on 21-11-2020 at 21:40

Yep this is peak stupidity.