[*] posted on 15-6-2022 at 11:08

ur useless dude

and ive read it many time dont worry.

Herr Haber
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 15-6-2022 at 11:56

Quote: Originally posted by Tsjerk  
Yes, but you should also not base the preparation of any compound, definitely not an explosive, on one procedure when many are available.

[Edited on 15-6-2022 by Tsjerk]

Words of wisdom there !

Additionally, reading / viewing different sources (for any synth) will give a better understanding of the reaction you are trying to carry which will in turn allow you to adapt it to your setting and available reagents.
This saves time, money, efforts and maybe limbs.

It might even make you curious and try different conditions for your synth just to see what happens... I dont recommend that with energetics obviously. Once you start experimenting, taking notes and trying to refine a procedure to achieve a specific goal after you have gained enough understanding then I guess you're on the right track to call that science ;)

@OP: Tsjerk is a nice guy. Also, you should wear gloves when playing with acids (yellow skin, fun). You'll find other threads in the forum with all the information someone who apparently managed to distill some acid would need to conduct that synth in a safer way.

The spirit of adventure was upon me. Having nitric acid and copper, I had only to learn what the words 'act upon' meant. - Ira Remsen
Energetics-testin
Hazard to Self

Mood: in love with EM's <3

[*] posted on 15-6-2022 at 13:24

Ok ok thx for the knowledge :)

I did and yall slapped me on my hands :( i tried to make another way to synthesize ETN and the feedback i got was that im stupid.

Ive been doing amateur chemistry for about 4 years and ive always taken notes and tried new procedures and new ways of making a compound.

And for the acid my gloves were all made of latex so i just did it barehand.I bought other gloves since then

XeonTheMGPony
International Hazard

[*] posted on 15-6-2022 at 15:53

Take a few nice deep breaths with eyes closed, do it slowly, relax, Now that we're relaxed and eyes rested, mix up a tasty beverage, Now lets start with a look through other pages here in energetics, lets see what we find.

Now that we did that and found a few massive threads dedicated to this one topic lets spend some time reading every thing!

With energetics, if some thing goes wrong you will be lucky to just come out maimed a bit, it is very un forgiving even for those who do it professionally, there is a reason we harp on about the trivial safety infractions as they can add up to a free trip to the morgue or worse. Oh yes, forgot to mention there are worse things then death!

Now if you relax a bit, take it all in good trust and plod through the bumps in the ride you'll find a darth of knowledge on here that will meet with what you have on hand to a procedure that will yield good results easier with minimal risk!
B(a)P
International Hazard

Mood: Festive

[*] posted on 15-6-2022 at 16:01

Before you try to invent a new procedure, it is a good idea to perfect existing ones that are known to work. This helps you to understand the reaction conditions and what you can expect from your product, ie its properties. If you had done this you would already know that ETN is flame sensitive and you could compare your notes from your previous experimentation to your observation of the product you made with this modified procedure. It is impossible to know if you have achieved the result you are after if you don't know how the end product behaves.
No one is slapping you on the hands, they are giving you sound advice. They have taken the time to post on this thread after you asked for advice. You might not be getting the answers you want, but that is because the people reading your post know how unforgiving energetics can be.
It is great that you have found a hobby that you enjoy in amateur chemistry. Please don't feel discouraged with the reaction that you have received from your post. Rather, for future posts put a little more thought and care into them and they will be better received. My two cents worth: avoid using abbreviated words like 'thx', when you post a question show that you have done some research to try to get to the answer yourself already and avoid emotive posts.
I will leave this here to give an indication of the flame sensitivity of ETN others have experienced.
http://www.sciencemadness.org/talk/viewthread.php?tid=16612
I would be very curious to hear if, through your testing, you think there is a difference between the crude product that made (the one in your videos) and the recrystallised product.
Have fun and stay safe!

Edit - Well put Xeon, I wouldn't have posted if I had seen yours first.

[Edited on 16-6-2022 by B(a)P]
Energetics-testin
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 15-6-2022 at 22:20

Quote: Originally posted by XeonTheMGPony  
Take a few nice deep breaths with eyes closed, do it slowly, relax, Now that we're relaxed and eyes rested, mix up a tasty beverage, Now lets start with a look through other pages here in energetics, lets see what we find.

Now that we did that and found a few massive threads dedicated to this one topic lets spend some time reading every thing!

With energetics, if some thing goes wrong you will be lucky to just come out maimed a bit, it is very un forgiving even for those who do it professionally, there is a reason we harp on about the trivial safety infractions as they can add up to a free trip to the morgue or worse. Oh yes, forgot to mention there are worse things then death!

Now if you relax a bit, take it all in good trust and plod through the bumps in the ride you'll find a darth of knowledge on here that will meet with what you have on hand to a procedure that will yield good results easier with minimal risk!

Sorry

I'll be better

Energetics-testin
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 15-6-2022 at 22:51

Quote: Originally posted by B(a)P  

I would be very curious to hear if, through your testing, you think there is a difference between the crude product that made (the one in your videos) and the recrystallised product.
Have fun and stay safe!

Edit - Well put Xeon, I wouldn't have posted if I had seen yours first.

[Edited on 16-6-2022 by B(a)P]

I will,thank you for your wisdom and im sorry.

After reading a bit of the *life after detonation*&*ETN:almost killed myself*..... I think IWill go back to *normal* chemistry and leave the energetic world for a while,i dont have enough knowledge yet to be working with energetics.

And sorry im french,my English is not that good.

[Edited on 16-6-2022 by Energetics-testin]
ManyInterests
National Hazard

[*] posted on 17-6-2022 at 13:43

I've just looked through this thread. I was going to repost my steps in how I made ETN and then recrystalized it, but I will post a link to Darian Ballard's videos on the matter that I used to great effect.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/78uQsxtKK3rE/

The above video is the initial synthesis of ETN.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/sPXzSrbiW7aO/

The above is the recrystalization. You only do the recrystalization AFTER you have removed the ETN from the acid mixture AND cleaned it of all the acids.

ETN is 100% insoluble in water, you can't dissolve it in that no matter how hard you try.
Energetics-testin
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 19-6-2022 at 14:02

Quote: Originally posted by ManyInterests  
I've just looked through this thread. I was going to repost my steps in how I made ETN and then recrystalized it, but I will post a link to Darian Ballard's videos on the matter that I used to great effect.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/78uQsxtKK3rE/

The above video is the initial synthesis of ETN.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/sPXzSrbiW7aO/

The above is the recrystalization. You only do the recrystalization AFTER you have removed the ETN from the acid mixture AND cleaned it of all the acids.

ETN is 100% insoluble in water, you can't dissolve it in that no matter how hard you try.

Thank you for sharing the links and your knowledge.

OneEyedPyro
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 25-7-2022 at 00:20

Maybe I read this incorrectly, I didn't bother to read all the responses... But for the love of God tell me you aren't implying that you crashed the nitration mixture straight into acetone :o

You crash the nitration mixture into 10 times the volume of cold water, filter off the ETN that precipitates, dry it out, add the dry ETN to a suitable solvent that has been pre heated preferably in a metal container in a water bath to no more than 60C, dissolve as much as you can and crash that into cold water while rapidly stirring said water.

Seriously, I hope I read that one wrong lol.
ManyInterests
National Hazard

[*] posted on 25-7-2022 at 09:31

Quote: Originally posted by OneEyedPyro  
Maybe I read this incorrectly, I didn't bother to read all the responses... But for the love of God tell me you aren't implying that you crashed the nitration mixture straight into acetone :o

You crash the nitration mixture into 10 times the volume of cold water, filter off the ETN that precipitates, dry it out, add the dry ETN to a suitable solvent that has been pre heated preferably in a metal container in a water bath to no more than 60C, dissolve as much as you can and crash that into cold water while rapidly stirring said water.

Seriously, I hope I read that one wrong lol.

That's what basically what he did. I find it weird. The process for making ETN is documented in both text and video (look at my previous post on this thread). In another thread there was someone (who I posted my process of making ETN, based on Darian Ballard's video) who failed to make ETN because he put his erythritol in sulfuric acid first, which I am certain destroyed it, before he added his nitrates. I gave a full step-by-step process of how I did it there. I should pull up that response.
Energetics-testin
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 25-7-2022 at 13:58

Quote: Originally posted by OneEyedPyro  
Maybe I read this incorrectly, I didn't bother to read all the responses... But for the love of God tell me you aren't implying that you crashed the nitration mixture straight into acetone :o.[/rquote/

I did and I explain exactly what I did in the first page of this thread.

I was dumb and had no real knowledge about nitration.

OneEyedPyro
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 25-7-2022 at 14:28

Quote: Originally posted by Energetics-testin  

I did and I explain exactly what I did in the first page of this thread.

I was dumb and had no real knowledge about nitration.

Well, for future reference don't add a mixture of a strong oxidizing compound, a strong dehydrating compound and a powerful high explosive to a highly volatile and flammable solvent that's easily oxidized and dehydrated lol.

That is honestly up there with some of the crazier stuff I've seen on this forum in a while.
All that said, I'm glad you didn't have a bad accident and it's good that you came here for advice. Not judging you for not knowing, it's just really silly for me to think about.
Energetics-testin
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 27-7-2022 at 11:37

Now I know..hahaha

Yeah im glad I didnt have an accident.

After learning a lil bit about nitration and chemistry in general..Im embarassed by my post hahahaha

And sorry my bad English

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top