Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Transesterification and purification of ETN from mixed sulfoesters
PLSHY
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 30-7-2023 at 21:52

I just took a look and found that the uploaded file cannot be opened. This is a word document. Please rename it and check it out!
DennyDevHE77
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 31-7-2023 at 00:55

Quote: Originally posted by PLSHY  
I just took a look and found that the uploaded file cannot be opened. This is a word document. Please rename it and check it out!

As it turned out, this is a .docx file. Most of it can be translated with Google Translate. Just in case, I'll attach the original and the translated version here.

Attachment: ETNChina.docx (1.9MB)
This file has been downloaded 204 times

Attachment: ETNEng.docx (2MB)
This file has been downloaded 129 times

EF2000
Hazard to Others

Mood: wrooom

[*] posted on 31-7-2023 at 06:43

Please, don't use Google Translate ever again. It sucks badly.
Here is the normal translation by DeepL Translate:

Attachment: ETN en-US.docx (1.9MB)
This file has been downloaded 115 times
PLSHY
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 31-7-2023 at 10:01

Yes I did synthesize a batch of etn of the 750 gram grade and guaranteed yield it was truly astounding I even made a file of it which was rather large and not of high quality I just Not going to show it, but I will show a screenshot from the file to prove the truth of what I said, in this screenshot you can see the 1000ml beaker full of etn, this batch is my long time The previously synthesized product is still pure white after being refined with acetone, but I did a comparative test. If it is refined with methanol, it will turn yellow after a week. I originally wanted to use methanol, because acetone is even harder to buy in China than fuming nitric acid, potassium perchlorate, CHZ, mainly because of anti-drug regulations. But in the end I contacted the chemical solvent factory and successfully purchased a barrel (25L) of acetone. So now I am synthesizing according to the method in the literature, which can not only ensure high quality but also ensure the controllability of the reaction. Synthesizing according to the literature is a very wise choice, because not only the yield is very high, the quality is very good, but the reaction is also very easy to control. I tried to synthesize 3kg of PGDN once, and I deeply realized that for large-scale synthesis. How important is the ease of control. In the end, I would like to say that I am very happy to share the literature of Chinese enthusiasts. Science has no borders. It is a very proud thing to share excellent literature. Sadly, the author of this etn synthetic literature is due to mass storage rdx (about 15KG) was sentenced to several years in prison.

A90F82AA-B98A-4CCB-9DE8-50829B0D6281.png - 5.3MB
underground
National Hazard

[*] posted on 1-8-2023 at 00:28

So the nitration actually happens with Nitrous oxide (N2O) in the presence of H2SO4 ? First time i see something like this.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top