Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: A powerful,unreported new primary explosive--NiCC
littlesky
Harmless

[*] posted on 7-9-2023 at 02:42

In my test, nicc showed more power than NiCP(GTN) and NaCuNT. These are three test videos. Obviously, the order of strength is NICC > NICP (GTN) > Nacunt. I didn't synthesize NH4NT but NaNT, so I only did the test about NaCuNT. However, the strength of these two compounds should be similar, and even Na salt will be more powerful than ammonium salt, because NH4+ ion decomposition will absorb heat.

Attachment: GTN test.mp4 (2.9MB)
This file has been downloaded 164 times

Attachment: NiCC test.mp4 (3MB)
This file has been downloaded 168 times

Attachment: NaCuNT test.mp4 (839kB)
This file has been downloaded 146 times

littlesky
Harmless

[*] posted on 7-9-2023 at 02:45

I will test AgNT in the same way these days.AgNT is more powerful than NaCuNT (or NH4CuNT).
Microtek
National Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 7-9-2023 at 03:43

Well, from reading some more papers, it appears that at least magnesium (and probably other alkaline earths) does indeed form a complex with CHZ contrary to my admittedly limited understanding of complex chemistry.

Quote:

But I don't know why, I think the name LTN is very strange, so I use NiCC for analogy with English abbreviations.

That is much appreciated. It can be very confusing with acronyms that don't match the words you use. A case in point is the DPT thread where DNU means hexamine dinitrate...

I tested ZnCP for sensitivity in my oblique abrasive impact test, and got 1 positive in 5 attempts at 100 cm. This is almost exactly the same as NAP. ZnCP is not very flame sensitive and while it does burn, it does not flash like most of the other complexes.

[Edited on 7-9-2023 by Microtek]
B(a)P
International Hazard

Mood: Festive

[*] posted on 7-9-2023 at 12:29

Quote: Originally posted by littlesky  
In my test, nicc showed more power than NiCP(GTN) and NaCuNT. These are three test videos. Obviously, the order of strength is NICC > NICP (GTN) > Nacunt. I didn't synthesize NH4NT but NaNT, so I only did the test about NaCuNT. However, the strength of these two compounds should be similar, and even Na salt will be more powerful than ammonium salt, because NH4+ ion decomposition will absorb heat.

How much test material do you have in each of those little sleeves for each of your tests?
littlesky
Harmless

[*] posted on 7-9-2023 at 15:29

Quote: Originally posted by B(a)P  
Quote: Originally posted by littlesky  

How much test material do you have in each of those little sleeves for each of your tests?

This is a test method from an expert in the field of high-energy materials. Use a capillary tube with one end sealed (internal diameter 0.9mm-1.1mm) for explosion test.
Charge length:
GTN 2.2CM
NiCC 2.0CM
NaCuNT 2.3CM
I didn't weigh the specific charge weight, because my electronic scale is not accurate in micro-weighing. You can estimate for yourself.
littlesky
Harmless

[*] posted on 7-9-2023 at 15:30

Who can help me measure the density of NiCC under different pressures?:D
littlesky
Harmless

[*] posted on 4-10-2023 at 17:02

Has anyone made any progress?
MineMan
National Hazard

[*] posted on 5-10-2023 at 03:19

Idk. Hey buddy disappeared….
Microtek
National Hazard

[*] posted on 5-10-2023 at 22:14

I have tested ZnCP and found that it DDTs nicely when fired by fuse (and so presumably electric match) but not by the flash of gun cotton, and not by electric arc. It does not flash in the open. It is not significantly less sensitive in the oblique abrasive impact test than NiCP, NAP or CuCP.

For the specific niche of repeated indoor testing, I have concluded that CuCP is most desirable, the only drawback being the apparently higher water solubility which means that the yield of the reaction is maybe not quite as high as it could have been. I have not examined the yield quantitatively, it is just based on the observation that the mother liquor was strongly coloured after addition of carbohydrazide addition and precipitation of CuCP (after cooling overnight).
underground
National Hazard

[*] posted on 8-10-2023 at 05:35

Microtek could you also give a try for Chlorate salts? Barium Chlorate is much easier to buy and cheaper too than perchlorates. Barium sulphate is insoluble so any chlorate salt can be made. ZnCC CuCC CoCC are few that comes to my mind. Ni salts are super toxic and nasty, i really dont want to deal with.
Microtek
National Hazard

[*] posted on 10-10-2023 at 04:46

Hmm, I don't think I can buy barium chlorate (or any other chlorate for that matter), but I can prepare some sodium chlorate by thermal disproportionation of hypochlorite. I don't like working with chlorates but I could probably examine a small amount of these complexes.
Hey Buddy
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 15-10-2023 at 16:19

Quote: Originally posted by MineMan  
Idk. Hey buddy disappeared….

Sorry, CPU died and I lost my password. Found it on a piece of paper today...

--So what are the thoughts on this material? My initial thought is carbohydrazide could be a good fuel if its preparation is easy... Ive never attempted to synth it. I dont know of any OTC sources of carbohydrazide. I believe it used to be used as an oxygen scavenger for boilers. I have searched a little in hardware stores and havent had any luck finding it in anything. In that case synthesis is important. So is there any successful methods for lab scale synthesis? Has anyone tried the numerous patent procedures? AGu is slightly annoying from reduction of NQ but not really that bad... Is CHZ easy?
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top