Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Looking for the highest yielding P4 synthesis
Chemically Curious
Harmless

[*] posted on 21-7-2023 at 22:41
Looking for the highest yielding P4 synthesis

Ok I've been trying different ratios to of SHMP source I believe it's a photographic whitener it's from an Italian photographic chemical company, SiO2 source moisture absorber packs, Al source foil blended to fine powder, even done a couple of runs with carbon and Na. best I've been able to obtain is around 7% even tried different setups glass retort ,steel threaded pipe retort, and a small paint can with copper arm condenser retort. any help with helping me get better yielding recipe or better route would be greatly appreciated ... pics of setups I've tried attached. the all glass retort was the inner tube of a 300mm water cooled condenser it had a 24 /40 male end on it I heated it up a lil much and touched the water in the collector and thermally shocked it oops.... if you have a better recipe please list the sources of chems, grades or the route went to obtain the chems to give an idea of quality/consistency of what was used again any help is greatly appreciated cause as of now I'd been better off spending my money on as many match books as possible to obtain what I am after

IMG_20230722_005644.jpg - 3.4MB

IMG_20230722_005421.jpg - 1.9MB IMG_20230722_005531.jpg - 3.3MB
charley1957
Hazard to Others

Mood: Extracted

[*] posted on 22-7-2023 at 06:05

There’s a sticky thread in this forum with currently 60 pages of discussion and experimentation in phosphorus isolation. You may find what you’re looking for there.

You can’t claim you drank all day if you didn’t start early in the morning.

Go To Top