Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: cas 30272-08-3 source or someone who can produce it?
idontknow-78
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 9-8-2023 at 16:33
cas 30272-08-3 source or someone who can produce it?

Hi all, I work in a chemical and physical analysis laboratory and wanted to buy amineptine hcl (cas 30272-08-3). unfortunately here in Europe it is practically unobtainable, and the few suppliers I have found sell it at crazy prices, so I wanted to focus on foreign and cheap suppliers (China, India, etc.). Can any of you recommend a serious, reliable supplier at a reasonable price? thank you all

[Edited on 10-8-2023 by idontknow-78]
Fery
National Hazard

[*] posted on 9-8-2023 at 20:44

TCA are practically never used today anymore, patients take newer generations of AD. That explains the unavailability. This substance was even never used in my country, the closest one which was used and is still available is tianeptine (Coaxil), but it has somewhat different receptors profile.
Couldn't you synthesize it?
idontknow-78
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 10-8-2023 at 10:50

unfortunately I don't have the right tools to synthesize molecules. If anyone in this forum has the skills and tools for synthesis, I'm willing to buy it
dettoo456
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 16-8-2023 at 11:16

5-Chlorodibenzosuberane is cheap and accessible through the normal chem vendors (enamine, fisher, tci, sigma, etc). 7-Aminoheptanoic acid is also fairly accessible (at least though one us vendor I know). Then you can follow the easy synth method in DE 2011806. All in all, it could be north of $100-200/g but if you’re doing research, it might be worth it.

Or if you can’t find the exact precursors, just swap for isosteres and study those. Azoles can swap for carboxylic acids pretty easily and I’m sure you can mess with the dibenzoheptane ring.

Amineptine is scheduled in the US - so you’re out of luck for any American chemists’ help.

Go To Top