Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Laboy glassware might be dead...
Funkerman23
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 6-9-2023 at 15:47
Laboy glassware might be dead...

Hello!
This is more for t for the veteran members here, but for a long time Laboy was one of the overseas suppliers that treated our little community well. Lately, there are some serious issues going on with them that point to either a restructuring, or the death of the company. There main website no longer exists, No email I have sent in the last 3 months has been returned. I can't find their eBay seller page, and then only sign of life I see from them is their Amazon seller page, and that may just be the remnants of their products in the supply lines.
If anyone else has information or recent dealings , PLEASE, leave a comment. I am trying to hold out hope but..well..yeah.

" the Modern Chemist is inundated with literature"-Unknown
Funkerman23
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 11-9-2023 at 18:47

Fingers crossed.. I placed an order for a "Blue kerosene" 50mm 10/18 jointed thermometer, and this time I have a tracking number... that so far doesn't have any tracking results. Its an LNXXXXXXXXXCN number. I am probably boned, but my hunt carries on. The fact is, Synthware does not sell directly to individuals and to get these thermometers I & others, need a third party.

Texium
Administrator

Mood: PhD candidate!

[*] posted on 11-9-2023 at 20:14

Perhaps see if Dr. Bob still has any in stock. I remember I got one from him several years ago.

Come check out the Official Sciencemadness Wiki
They're not really active right now, but here's my YouTube channel and my blog.
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 13-9-2023 at 11:29

The LNxxxCN number is an international customs tracking number, so it might be fine. Most won't show anything until they arrive in the US. Sadly, I have been out of most therms for about a year now, a couple people bought most of what I had left a while back. I only have a few low temp ones, and some odd ones (very small, specific, temp ranges, mostly Hg).
Funkerman23
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 13-9-2023 at 18:49

Dr Bob is a blessing to our little corner, but In my case, and as much as I LOVE and seek out HG wherever....the blue "kerosene filled " ones are a hell of a lot easier to see. Never thought I'd say a non Hg thermometer was better, but the eyes don't lie. Mind you this is talking about Hg thermometers with just a plain white stripe in the back. Some higher end thermometers seem to have a band that enlarges the mercury column visually, but these 10/18 ones I have don't have the magnifying view.

Funkerman23
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 15-9-2023 at 11:03

UPDATE: While their security certificate is out of date, the website is back!! They may yet live!!

Second update.. I STILL can't recover my account, and thus I doubt they'll respond to emails.

[Edited on 15-9-2023 by Funkerman23]

Funkerman23
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 18-9-2023 at 19:30

UPDATE: Of all things...I got the number on Sep 8th and now I JUST got updates on my thermometer. Seems to be leaving Beijing, so perhaps Laboy is..on life-support/rehab?

Go To Top