Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Amineptine methyl ester pharmacodynamics
idontknow-78
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 3-10-2023 at 13:26
Amineptine methyl ester pharmacodynamics

Hello everyone, I wanted to know from those who are more experienced, if anyone knows the pharmacodynamics of amineptine methyl ester. on this site: https://www.benchchem.com/product/b565756
They talk in detail about its antidepressant, anxiolytic and pain-relieving properties, but unfortunately no scientific article is cited as a reference, so I don't know where this information was taken from, nor whether it is reliable. I personally couldn't find anything on Pubmed. can someone help me? also, does this methyl refer to methane or methanol? Thank you
paulll
Hazard to Self

Mood: It's fine. Really.

[*] posted on 4-10-2023 at 19:35

Neither methane nor methanol. I hope I'm not being overly presumptuous here but, if you look at the structural model on the site you linked, there's a line sticking off the O at the bottom. This denotes a carbon single-bonded to the oxygen, and that all the other valence spots on said carbon are taken up by a hydrogen. 4 spots, one occupied by the bond with the oxygen, leaving -CH3, a methyl group. The fact that that methyl group is single-bonded onto that oxygen is the difference between, "amineptine methyl ester," and amineptine.
Kinetically, I'd be astonished to find that this molecule doesn't readily hydrolise in vivo, yielding amineptine, and actually yes, there's your methanol. So it's a effectively a prodrug for amineptine, and a shitty one at that; amineptine didn't get traction partly because it's a bit of a blunt instrument but also because it has potentially wild hepatotoxicity.
Dynamically, it would appear to be a potentially more hepatoxic version of amineptine, nothing more. I see scepticism in your post and I think that's barking up the right tree; the link says it's a serotonin agonist whereas amineptine has a very, very low affinity for 5HT receptors.
It's a bullshit molecule.
CouchHatter
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 5-10-2023 at 05:43

I would also be skeptical of any drug with 'inept' in the name.

30 elements taken, 88 remain.
idontknow-78
Harmless

[*] posted on 5-10-2023 at 10:41

Quote: Originally posted by paulll  
Neither methane nor methanol. I hope I'm not being overly presumptuous here but, if you look at the structural model on the site you linked, there's a line sticking off the O at the bottom. This denotes a carbon single-bonded to the oxygen, and that all the other valence spots on said carbon are taken up by a hydrogen. 4 spots, one occupied by the bond with the oxygen, leaving -CH3, a methyl group. The fact that that methyl group is single-bonded onto that oxygen is the difference between, "amineptine methyl ester," and amineptine.
Kinetically, I'd be astonished to find that this molecule doesn't readily hydrolise in vivo, yielding amineptine, and actually yes, there's your methanol. So it's a effectively a prodrug for amineptine, and a shitty one at that; amineptine didn't get traction partly because it's a bit of a blunt instrument but also because it has potentially wild hepatotoxicity.
Dynamically, it would appear to be a potentially more hepatoxic version of amineptine, nothing more. I see scepticism in your post and I think that's barking up the right tree; the link says it's a serotonin agonist whereas amineptine has a very, very low affinity for 5HT receptors.

https://www.smolecule.com/products/s986877

Here on this site, however, there is an even longer and more detailed description of the first site, while in the first site they talk about action on serotonin, here they talk about action on dopamine, all obviously without citing even the slightest scientific article as a reference .
idontknow-78
Harmless

[*] posted on 6-10-2023 at 10:22

What makes you think that it could have more hepatotoxicity than amineptine hcl?
paulll
Hazard to Self

Mood: It's fine. Really.

[*] posted on 6-10-2023 at 11:03

Quote: Originally posted by idontknow-78  

What makes you think that it could have more hepatotoxicity than amineptine hcl?

Because its hydrolysis will give methanol. A trivial amount, realistically, but still.
idontknow-78
Harmless

[*] posted on 6-10-2023 at 13:27

When you talked about hydrolosis, did you mean that once ingested, this molecule would be metabolized and/or split into amineptine hcl? correct me if I'm wrong. if this were the case, what would have been the point of marketing amineptine hcl, it would have been enough to sell this reagent directly. also, forgive me my ignorance, but in general aren't the methylated forms simply more absorbable? for example, methylcobalamin is more absorbable than cyanocobalamin. could it be the same for amineptine or is that a very simplistic way of looking at it? Thanks
idontknow-78
Harmless

[*] posted on 10-11-2023 at 10:24
Methyl ester pharmacodynamic?

Hello everyone, I wanted to know if it is true that the methylated esters of a molecule, once ingested, are "freed/transformed" into the basic molecule and that this process occurs either in the stomach, thanks to its acidic environment or in the intestine thanks to its basic environment. also, can this process happen in reverse? that is, after ingesting a molecule, during digestion/metabolism, can it be released/transformed into its methyl ester form? Thank you
Texium
Administrator

Mood: PhD candidate!

[*] posted on 10-11-2023 at 11:27

Yes, most ingested esters will undergo acid hydrolysis in the stomach or be cleaved by esterase enzymes. I am not aware of any human metabolic route that results in forming a methyl ester, though I am not a medicinal chemist. My understanding is that carboxylic acids are often excreted unchanged, or conjugated to other molecules like glycine (see hippuric acid). Fatty acids, possibly including the one I assume you're referring to, can also be oxidized and sliced up by enzymes to make acetyl-CoA for the Krebs cycle.

Come check out the Official Sciencemadness Wiki
They're not really active right now, but here's my YouTube channel and my blog.
Texium
Administrator
Threads Merged
10-11-2023 at 11:28
idontknow-78
Harmless

[*] posted on 10-11-2023 at 12:00

I'm referring to amineptine methyl ester behaviour
Texium
Administrator

[*] posted on 10-11-2023 at 12:01

Yes, that was rather obvious since it seems to be your obsession for some reason.

idontknow-78
Harmless

[*] posted on 14-11-2023 at 07:40

It's not an obsession, it's a health problem. I finally managed to obtain a synthesis of amineptine hcl, but a small percentage of this methyl ester is present. no one can tell me clearly and unequivocally whether this ester is released as active ingredient in the stomach or a way to purify it . some say yes, others no, but no one has shown me scientific documentation to support one hypothesis or another. even those who sell this ester declare different pharmavodynamics / kinetics without showing any documentation. For example :

https://www.smolecule.com/products/s986877

https://www.benchchem.com/product/b565756

[Edited on 14-11-2023 by idontknow-78]
Texium
Administrator

[*] posted on 14-11-2023 at 10:57

Quote: Originally posted by idontknow-78  
It's not an obsession, it's a health problem.
A health problem that you're trying to self-medicate? In your first post you said you work in an analytical lab, implying that it was needed as an analytical sample. It's sounding more and more like you want to ingest it. Per the forum guidelines:
Quote:
Reported syntheses must be carried out on a small scale and be clearly motivated by intellectual interest, not commercial aspirations or a desire to ingest the resulting substance.

We are not qualified to give medical advice. If you have a health problem that may require medication you need to talk to a doctor, not an amateur chemistry forum. I am locking this thread now and I suggest you seek medical advice from a more appropriate source.

Texium
Administrator
Thread Closed
14-11-2023 at 10:58

Go To Top