Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Lab raided again, second excuse they used failed.
XeonTheMGPony
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 25-12-2023 at 08:23
Lab raided again, second excuse they used failed.

Well last time was result of a malicious claim by a drunk idiot, they claimed drug making, police raided lab, found nothing thing, not even things that would've counted as precursor. Luckily the Squad they sent the head guy had a brain and they didn't trash my lab, was thankful same team as before.

Well apparently they decided to try again on an unrelated thing, this time by default they stated explosives (I keep things very clean on that end, if any are made that glass wear is washed thoroughly as is bench and every thing that came near it)

and again they found nothing thankfully same guy, the main thing? Labeling, keeping things accurately labeled lended vast credibility to my claim of not doing nay thing malicious, and they did look at the lab log (Were I do not keep any thing related to genetics in)

Their justification for it? I had a "sophisticated" lab <_< if it isn't ticktock or rainbow dildo we must be making drugs / bombs, what a tragically sad statement of society <_<

3rd time I can sue, and will, 12+ hours in holding a second time tends to seriously wear down ones patience!

I'm in Canada, they used a stacked warrant, so if they found any chemical, would allow them to take computer and every thing as evidence, So remember peeps they hand out warrants for virtually nothing now days, no assumptive test even, they just saw it and said "yup that's enough"

This is how degraded our rights have become in canuckistan <_< The charter of rights isn't worth the paper it is written on.

[Edited on 25-12-2023 by XeonTheMGPony]
fx-991ex
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 25-12-2023 at 09:15

wow thats crazy, canada is really fucked the past few years.

So it took just 1 complain from 1 guy to get raided? thats very crazy, should take proof to get a warrant, not just speech. I assume they investigated and saw some lab glassware/material and with the complain it was enough.

The 2nd raid was really ridiculous, that really suck. good thing you have only legal stuff in your lab log.
Ide be curious about the explosive warrant, like how they knew, be careful.

Did they seize your glassware or you still have it? just curious.

[Edited on 25-12-2023 by fx-991ex]
XeonTheMGPony
International Hazard

[*] posted on 25-12-2023 at 10:20

Thankfully they didn't trash the lab, they tested every thing and found nothing that justified the warrant so it got dropped. The lead lab investigator is a good guy, he's the only thing that made me reassured I'd get a fair look, he was surprised at how well it was all labeled and exactly as stated.

Ya it took only the false malicious claim to get a warrant to look, it is a "plain sight warrant, so they can't open any thing but you have to let them come in and look, they then used a picture of the menthol crystals to get the full come in and search warrant for "drugs"

and because I have what they consider to be an advanced lab, guess they wanted to wait a bit then try again under the charge of explosives, because at the time I had some sodium acetate crystals drying, as I been making sodium acetate, and ethanol via Ethyl Acetate & NOH hydrolysis.

and seeing that was all they needed to make the claim "bomb making" which is ridiculous, I deff want to talk to legal aid and get some more info as it stinks to no end.

I am pissed as the first time they found nothing, and they at least had a tiny amount of footing based on the obvious fake call (Even the 911 dispatcher made a note of how fake it sounded) (That guy now has a warrant in Sk for abuse of emergency system, making falls reports, and so on, so at least there is that) but to do it a second time the way they did is intolerable.

Sir_Gawain
Hazard to Others

Mood: Yes.

[*] posted on 25-12-2023 at 10:30

That’s insane! How on earth did they think sodium acetate could be used for bomb making?!

“Alchemy is trying to turn things yellow; chemistry is trying to avoid things turning yellow.” -Tom deP.
XeonTheMGPony
International Hazard

[*] posted on 25-12-2023 at 11:19

Quote: Originally posted by Sir_Gawain  
That’s insane! How on earth did they think sodium acetate could be used for bomb making?!

Wasn't tick tock or a rainbow coloured sex aid, so it must be bomb making!

After all, all white powders are the same!
EF2000
Hazard to Others

Mood: wrooom

[*] posted on 25-12-2023 at 22:27

Quote: Originally posted by XeonTheMGPony  
Quote: Originally posted by Sir_Gawain  

Wasn't tick tock or a rainbow coloured sex aid, so it must be bomb making!

After all, all white powders are the same!

Dry distillation of sodium acetate gives acetone, we all know that acetone equals bomb making, right?

Rainbow colored dildo is actually excellent idea. If police would come third time, they'll see very conspicious brightly-colored phallic symbol, read you lab logs about making whole rainbow of paints, and finally get a hint.

Wroom wroom
akmetal
Harmless

[*] posted on 27-12-2023 at 21:06

Its just time to leave, you live in a fascist police state, the first raid was unacceptable as they obviously are incompetent. Unfortunatly the USA is not far behind Canada.

All these countries want a docile compliant population unable to defend themselves.
EF2000
Hazard to Others

Mood: wrooom

[*] posted on 27-12-2023 at 21:57

And where do you suggest to run? What country doesn't want docile compliant population?
And how on earth hobby chemistry laboratory is linked with ability to defend oneself? Are you implying that someone here is making weapons, not research?

Wroom wroom
akmetal
Harmless

[*] posted on 29-12-2023 at 12:56

Who ever approved the raid/arrest thought that someone was trying to build the means to defend themselves, govt cant have that.

Quote: Originally posted by EF2000  
And where do you suggest to run? What country doesn't want docile compliant population?
And how on earth hobby chemistry laboratory is linked with ability to defend oneself? Are you implying that someone here is making weapons, not research?
XeonTheMGPony
International Hazard

[*] posted on 21-1-2024 at 08:08

Quote: Originally posted by akmetal  
Who ever approved the raid/arrest thought that someone was trying to build the means to defend themselves, govt cant have that.

Quote: Originally posted by EF2000  

Exactly, prob is every where is being pushed in that direction due to the "Elites" sitting in their ivory towers dictating how we all must do with less so they may enjoy more.

Atm any who can take care of them self is automatically an enemy of the state, how dare you not be totally dependent and subservient to them!

I'm just lucky I do not live in a leftoid leaning place so some sanity prevails, but the tentacles are working their way in.

At least due to other farm issues taking my time up lab was basically frozen in time since the last one, so really they just saw the same crap, but I am just disgusted at the lack of burden of proof they need to get a warrant, I imagine that scene from Hot fuzz, they just chant mindlessly "For the greater good"

There is no heinous act that can not be justified under the guise of "For your safety" "For the greater good"
Bubbles
Harmless

[*] posted on 15-2-2024 at 00:02

To be fair, the drug war and the share of lab busts coming from that are not propagated by the left but by the right.

Illiberal tendencies can come from both sides.

Shitty either way, hope they leave you alone now.
XeonTheMGPony
International Hazard

[*] posted on 24-2-2024 at 07:29

Quote: Originally posted by Bubbles  
To be fair, the drug war and the share of lab busts coming from that are not propagated by the left but by the right.

Illiberal tendencies can come from both sides.

Shitty either way, hope they leave you alone now.

Well I made it pretty clear third time will be followed by a law suit, I am very meticulous at cleaning after nay kind of hazardous synth, as it is just good lab practice, and I have dogs, albeit the door is closed life happens.

So they will all ways find what they did the last 2 times, a bunch of basic chemical building blocks, and any thing acutely toxic is kept in a safe, when I make a batch of cyanide it will be locked in that safe so they can't even bitch about "safe storage"

Go To Top