Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Sodium Nitrite available - 20kg
dettoo456
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 28-12-2023 at 16:19
Sodium Nitrite available - 20kg

I have around 20kg of Sodium Nitrite up for grabs if anyone is interested. It’s from an old-ish, sealed bag of 22.7kg/50lbs (I’m keeping 2.7kg for myself). Mfg is “General Chemical Corporation” but I can’t find any info on them. The purity is written as food grade and it doesn’t seem to have degraded in storage other than clumping up a little bit due to slight hygroscopicity.

I’m looking to sell it off at $11/kg and I can alter quantities to match whatever anyone may want. It’s obviously not meant for consumption; lab use only.
fx-991ex
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 28-12-2023 at 17:36

Where are you from and which country you ship to?.
Have any other product for sale like nickel nitrate or sodium sulfide?
Deathunter88
National Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 29-12-2023 at 03:21

Interested if you are based in the US. Please in the future include location and shipping information in the original post.
dettoo456
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 29-12-2023 at 07:49

I’m in southern California and I might be able to ship outside the US but it’d have to clear customs and I can’t guarantee that the package would be properly sealed and/or undamaged at delivery. I was planning on packaging in HDPE bags of 1kg ea. Shipping via USPS or whatever is cheapest. Payment via PayPal or Zelle or anything easiest for other people is fine.

I can send pictures if anyone is interested.

[Edited on 29-12-2023 by dettoo456]
dettoo456
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 29-12-2023 at 07:51

And I don’t have any nickel nitrate or sodium sulfide, sorry.
Deathunter88
National Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 29-12-2023 at 15:07

Quote: Originally posted by dettoo456  
I’m in southern California and I might be able to ship outside the US but it’d have to clear customs and I can’t guarantee that the package would be properly sealed and/or undamaged at delivery. I was planning on packaging in HDPE bags of 1kg ea. Shipping via USPS or whatever is cheapest. Payment via PayPal or Zelle or anything easiest for other people is fine.

I can send pictures if anyone is interested.

[Edited on 29-12-2023 by dettoo456]

Nice, I would like to buy a kilo, sent you a DM
akmetal
Harmless

[*] posted on 2-1-2024 at 17:03

$11 isent even worth the time it took to write the post, how do you make actual money on this?
violet sin
International Hazard

Mood: Good

[*] posted on 2-1-2024 at 22:25

Sounds more like an offer to the community, to offset a larger than necessary purchase that's not wholly needed. Not everyone is looking to make a buck off friends or a friendly group of like minded individuals (not intended to be offensive). In the past there have been many such sales. I myself sold off some tellurium samples at my cost, to be helpful to collectors here. It took a lot of time to break it up, weigh, pack and send for break even price; but it was no big deal. Hopefully no one is taking on too much in the way of additional cost to be generous, and a small cushion is set to cover the personal time loss.

akmetal
Harmless

[*] posted on 3-1-2024 at 00:08

That makes sense thank you

Quote: Originally posted by violet sin  
Sounds more like an offer to the community, to offset a larger than necessary purchase that's not wholly needed. Not everyone is looking to make a buck off friends or a friendly group of like minded individuals (not intended to be offensive). In the past there have been many such sales. I myself sold off some tellurium samples at my cost, to be helpful to collectors here. It took a lot of time to break it up, weigh, pack and send for break even price; but it was no big deal. Hopefully no one is taking on too much in the way of additional cost to be generous, and a small cushion is set to cover the personal time loss.

dettoo456
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 3-1-2024 at 08:32

It was bought ridiculously cheap as surplus - there’s almost 30 50lb bags left at the place I bought it from too. And I never looked to make any profit, breaking even is plenty fine. I’ll use whatever I have left for my own projects. The only reason places are selling it for so much is that there is concern over lawsuits relating to people killing themselves by ingesting it, and suppliers like Duda or Loudwolf can get fined massively unless they have stringent selling restrictions.
violet sin
International Hazard

Mood: Good

[*] posted on 8-1-2024 at 17:14

Shipped super fast, wow. Looks like a nice bag of white power, I've not tried to test it at all. Much appreciated.
Jenks
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 14-1-2024 at 16:08

I enjoyed a seamless purchase and delivery too.
fx-991ex
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 14-1-2024 at 16:48

At that price am seriously thinking about sending him a message and ordering a kilo or 2.
I think ill order this week.

Go To Top