Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Third Party Labs for Hire (Need Reality Check)
Steam
Hazard to Others

Mood: Triple Point

[*] posted on 2-4-2024 at 13:05
Third Party Labs for Hire (Need Reality Check)

Does anyone have any recomendations for third party labs for hire to run human cancer cell viability tests? I have contacted a couple US based companies such as Charles river and Pacifc Biolabs, but both might be a bit outside of my budget and require huge upfront payments of roughly $20,000 or so (not counting reagent acquisition costs).

I basically want to take wild cells and cancer cells (Human LOX-IMVI melanoma cells ), treat expose to several different compounds in DMSO, and then get a fractional viability counts (as normalized to DMSO). I think this can be done for under $10,000 (not including materials/equipment costs).

Perhaps someone here can give me a reality check. I am feeling a bit dishearted by the first two quotes.

DISCLAIMER: The information in this post is provided for general informational purposes only and may not reflect the current law in your jurisdiction. No information contained in this post should be construed as legal advice from the individual author, nor is it intended to be a substitute for legal counsel on any subject matter. No reader of this post should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any information included in, or accessible through, this post without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from a lawyer licensed in the recipient’s state, country or other appropriate licensing jurisdiction.
clearly_not_atara
International Hazard

Mood: Big

[*] posted on 3-4-2024 at 10:17

I'm pretty sure you will just kill the cells with DMSO... but anyway you should be able to run a clonogenic assay yourself, particularly if you think you're going to cure cancer

[Edited on 04-20-1969 by clearly_not_atara]
Texium
Administrator

Mood: PhD candidate!

[*] posted on 3-4-2024 at 10:34

It's actually quite typical to use DMSO as the vehicle in cell toxicity assays, which generally include control populations with and without exposure to DMSO alone.

Come check out the Official Sciencemadness Wiki
They're not really active right now, but here's my YouTube channel and my blog.
Precipitates
Harmless

[*] posted on 3-4-2024 at 19:29

Definitely, at low concentrations you're totally fine:

Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 10.07.06.png - 21kB

My results from a cell culture course I did a few years ago (1A2 cell line).

Go To Top