Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Solubility curve of hydrazine sulphate
Hexavalent
International Hazard

Mood: Pericyclic

[*] posted on 24-2-2012 at 08:16
Solubility curve of hydrazine sulphate

Can anybody tell me where to obtain a reliable solubility curve for hydrazine sulfate in water?

Thanks

I have changed the title for accuracy.

[Edited on 24-2-2012 by ScienceSquirrel]

"Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." Winston Churchill
bfesser
Resident Wikipedian

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 24-2-2012 at 13:44

Hmmph. I'm stumped. I can't seem to find any data in the literature. Perhaps you could test the aqueous solubility at a few temperatures yourself, and then fit a curve to the data points. If your afraid to waste the salt, concentrate and recyrstallize. You should be able to recover at least 90% of what you use--closer to 100% if you're patient. Even if your solubility data sucks, you should end up with some more highly purified hydrazine sulfate. If you do decide to experiment, please report your results.

[edit]
To give an estimate of where to start...
U.S. Patent 2682446 [attached] claims 8.32 g hydrazine sulfate per 100 g H<sub>2</sub>O at 60&deg;C.
Wikipedia claims 30 g / L at 20&deg;C

Also, check some of the literature cited by the <a href="http://www.orgsyn.org/orgsyn/orgsyn/prepContent.asp?prep=CV1P0309">Org. Syn. paper</a>.

By the way, does anyone else think the <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrazine_sulfate">Wikipedia article on hydrazine sulfate</a> is pathetic? There's little to no information on it's chemistry. We need to do something about this! Let's get at least one reaction mechanism in there. Perhaps an image of someone's beautiful crystalline salt nicely lit on a watch glass or in a vial with a plain background? Let's take this article back for chemistry!

Attachment: US2682446.pdf (110kB)
This file has been downloaded 439 times

[Edited on 2/24/12 by bfesser]

Rosco Bodine
Banned

Mood: analytical

[*] posted on 24-2-2012 at 21:22

Can't find a chart for the solubility curve, so I borrowed this excerpt via printscreen screenshot, you know sort of ripped it ......sharing is caring

Go To Top