Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: what would be better?
Funkerman23
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 25-2-2012 at 20:13
what would be better?

I thought it best to ask here than yet again rush out and do something dumb( like blow hundreds more). I have almost everything I need for my 19/22 "kit" but for Bulk chemicals( right now) 19/22 isn't going to cut it. what I am asking is: for the sole purpose of bulk( read :greater than 300 mL but no more than a few liters) solvent & liquid reagent production would a still head ( & needed condensers, etc)be better?

[Edited on 26-2-2012 by Funkerman23]
tastyphenome
Harmless

[*] posted on 25-2-2012 at 21:12

depending on what compounds you plan to produce in bulk, simple in-the-can dist may work out easier for you. its alot cheaper to fit a glass condenser to some tubeing to the cap of a can in a waterbath than it is to buy all new glass.

tho it is kind of ghetto and may not work well for anything but the common solvents it is typically used for(dcm, tce, thf, etc).
Funkerman23
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 25-2-2012 at 22:37

Quote: Originally posted by tastyphenome  
depending on what compounds you plan to produce in bulk, simple in-the-can dist may work out easier for you. its alot cheaper to fit a glass condenser to some tubeing to the cap of a can in a waterbath than it is to buy all new glass.

tho it is kind of ghetto and may not work well for anything but the common solvents it is typically used for(dcm, tce, thf, etc).
Well it is those very solvents I had in mind. I don't need to analyze them so much as have them at the needed purities..
That and space is an issue ..which is why when I saw Dr.Bob's still heads I thought to ask here: if they can do the job needed I can save a lot of space.
woelen
Super Administrator
Thread Pruned
4-3-2012 at 23:33

Go To Top