Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: What's different w/old T&K C3000 and 2011?
proudmick
Harmless

Mood: Apathetic/Anarchistic

[*] posted on 5-4-2012 at 22:12
What's different w/old T&K C3000 and 2011?

Looking on Craigslist and ran across this:CHEMISTRY EXPERIMENT KIT, CHEM C3000 - $20
Date: 2012-04-04, 12:47PM MDT
THAMES & KOSMOS CHEMISTRY KIT, CHEM C3000. STILL IN ORIGINAL BOX THAT HAS BEEN OPENED, BUT THE THREE TRAYS ARE STILL IN SHRINK WRAP FROM FACTORY.
FOR 12 YEARS OR OLDER, 112 COMPONENTS. EACH TRAY HAS NUMEROUS LABELED TUBES AND ACCESSORIES, BOTTLES, FUNNELS, SAFETY GLASSES, BRUSHES, FILTER PAPERS,CYLINDERS SYRINGES AND MUCH MORE....
I'm wondering what the diff is tween the 2011 edt and this one??
Thanks all!
Mick....:D

Its all fun & games till someone losses an eye..
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 6-4-2012 at 04:57

No idea what the difference is, but I would buy it in a heartbeat for $20.
DJF90
International Hazard

[*] posted on 6-4-2012 at 05:03

Chances are it contains REAL chemicals, and useful for REAL experiments. Educational chemistry sets these days are total bollocks. I remember the ones I got back in '98. Had some neat compounds in there; sodium bisulfate, copper sulfate, cobalt chloride, zinc, magnesium, sodium carbonate, calcium hydroxide, methyl orange, litmus blue, potassium permanganate, Iron (II) sulfate, citric acid etc etc (my memory is failing...). Nowadays you're lucky to get some alum and sodium chloride, for crystal growing purposes :/
proudmick
Harmless

Mood: Apathetic/Anarchistic

[*] posted on 7-4-2012 at 03:25

I went down there not expecting much for my $20 and was pleasantly surprised..It was the 2007 edition (sans H2O2/Denatured alc/4% NAOH/7% HCL and Silver Nitrate solution for *ahem* legal/shelf life reasons lmao) and everything was there..And good call DJF it also had 12g x2 of Hexamine,20g KMnO4,16g KI,20g KBr etc,etc..I'm thinking the chems alone were worth it..Says the 2011 edt runs a little over $200 w/o many chems in the older sets..Makes me wonder who we Yanks will have to "outsource" all of our ChemicalMedical/Agro R&D to when little Johnny/Joanie can't even spell Chemistry let alone practice it due to our WOD/post 9-11 "Patriot" type actions....I myself foresee no repercussions in our curiosity smothering restrictions do you all??::P
We the Sheeple think Chemistry is BAAAAAD..

Its all fun & games till someone losses an eye..
DJF90
International Hazard

[*] posted on 7-4-2012 at 05:10

Sounds like you got a good deal, apart from being shafted out the peroxide, silver, acid and base, but thats life I spose. Glad I could be of assistance :)

Go To Top