Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Hello
DoctorOfPhilosophy
Hazard to Others

Mood: enthralled

[*] posted on 21-6-2012 at 10:08
Hello

I was having trouble signing up for the forum, but Polverone kindly emailed me and the problem was fixed. I signed up last week but hadn't had the chance to introduce myself.

Anyway, I've been using this forum for a long time now, scanning through some of the sub forums I saw virtually all the ideas I ever thought of (like separating thorium from TIG electrodes). That was a little depressing, but I soon used it to my advantage!

Now that I have some new projects going on I think I can actually contribute something that isn't already widely known. Of particular interest to some might be my phosphorous-making-chamber and the use of lamb intestine as a electrolysis cell-divider. (The former I discuss in detail on my website, the link's on my profile). Also, I've found some interesting sources for rare chemicals (my definition of source is that they take credit cards, ship to residential addresses, and don't have prices like chemsavers) so if anyone is looking for zinc arsenide, 100% nitromethane, or some other exotic (I'll make a full list soon) I can help. Also, I have a kilo of gallium metal and clean, usable semiconductor wafers lying around, which I can sell at [probably not supposed to name a price but let me know if those interest you].
Rogeryermaw
National Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 21-6-2012 at 17:53

welcome to the forum. look forward to reading about your experiments. one thing...if you have some good sources, protect them. try not to openly post about such things as there are always lurkers looking for a source of chems that, used in certain improper ways, can lead to trouble for the source and a loss for those that use them for licit purposes. use u2u to tell people about that when you get to know and trust them. after a while, and seeing their patterns, those people will become obvious.

[drool]of particular interest to me is your phosphorus chamber.[/drool] i hope you plan to include pictures? many of us spent a good amount of time and work on producing phosphorus. anxious to read your exploits.
woelen
Super Administrator

Mood: interested

[*] posted on 21-6-2012 at 23:18

Always good to see new skilled and experiences members. Welcome to the forums and I am looking forward to see experiment and info from you.

I myself also have great interest in weird and exotic compounds and I have made and isolated quite a few unusual chemicals already and would love to see what you have done in this field. More info can be found on my website, at the link in my signature.

The art of wondering makes life worth living...
Want to wonder? Look at https://woelen.homescience.net
DoctorOfPhilosophy
Hazard to Others

Mood: enthralled

[*] posted on 22-6-2012 at 06:42

Thanks guys, I don't have a huge amount of time to spend on home chemistry (although I'm hopefully going to get an occupation in nuclear chem soon) but I'll do my best to to post the interesting projects, including making phosphorous. Maybe later I'll try making some tetraethyllead with lithium metal from batteries. woelen, I've seen your website before but I didn't realize there is so much on metal chemistry!

Go To Top