Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Nickel Sulpahte Crystals
shami1
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 5-6-2004 at 01:49
Nickel Sulpahte Crystals

Hello
i am looking for process of making nickel sulphate crystals if you can provide me the method of making crystals then please email me i will be very thank

Bye
I am a fish
undersea enforcer

Mood: Ichthyoidal

[*] posted on 5-6-2004 at 02:44

1. Your question is ambiguous. Do you want to grow large nickel sulphate crystals, or do you want to make nickel sulphate from other chemicals? If the latter, what do you want to use as a source of nickel?

2. Don't ask for answers via E-mail. This is a discussion board, not a helpline. Answers given to your questions could potentially be of use to other people. There is no valid reason why you should be the sole beneficiary of replies.

3. When asking very basic questions, post them in the Beginnings forum.

4. Proof read your posts. A typo in the subject title is hardly encouraging.

1f `/0u (4|\\| |234d 7|-|15, `/0u |234||`/ |\\|33d 70 937 0u7 /\\/\\0|23.
BromicAcid
International Hazard

Mood: Rock n' Roll

[*] posted on 5-6-2004 at 15:52

There was a time when I was trying to obtain nickel salts. I dissolved Ni in HCl/H2O2 and boiled down till some NiCl2 hydrate precipitated out. But it was going slow so I gave up for a bit. Looking up solubilites I found that nickel sulfate is somewhat less soluble so I decided to precipitate out my nickel as the sulfate with sulfuric acid. I would add some acid and get a precipitate and add more and get a precipitate but I forgot that the HCl thus generated came out in corpious amounts and nearly overcame me. When I was done I had a large volume of fluffy white precipitate. I let it set for a few days and the volume of precipiate had decreased and I decanted. A few more days and the volume had once again decreased and I decanted finally when I reached the very bottom the precipitate was no longer fluffy (about 2 weeks) instead large crystals jutted up from the bottom and all the fluffyness had gone, it all fuesed together. Very interesting.

Shamelessly plugging my attempts at writing fiction: http://www.robvincent.org

Go To Top