Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Laboy site is down
Funkerman23
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 4-9-2012 at 15:54
Laboy site is down

I am not entirely sure what is going on but their main site is offline with a " this site has stepped out for a bit" message. Their eBay page is still up so there is that( but then again we may not know if that means anything for a few days). Just thought this was needed.
Funkerman23
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 14-9-2012 at 07:11

Update! I spoke too soon..dang

[Edited on 15-9-2012 by Funkerman23]
Arsole
Hazard to Self

Mood: Sleepy

[*] posted on 27-9-2012 at 21:00
Laboy Back Up

Laboy is back up and the new website looks great. I was getting worried for a minute as I wanted to get some of their stuff as a Christmas present. The site was down for some time its nice to browse again.

Thoughts, like fleas, jump from man to man, but they don't bite everybody.
-Stanisław Jerzy Lec
triplepoint
Hazard to Others

Mood: in equilibrium

[*] posted on 27-9-2012 at 21:22

Quote: Originally posted by Arsole  
the new website looks great.

I agree, but its a work in progress. A lot of the links on the page are not live yet.
Mailinmypocket
International Hazard

[*] posted on 12-2-2014 at 06:54

What is wrong with the laboy site? laboyglass.com

It is the first result in google and yet when I click the link it has some redirect to a site about leather coats and crap, does this happen with everyone?
Praxichys
International Hazard

Mood: Coprecipitated

[*] posted on 12-2-2014 at 06:59

Even my bookmarked laboy URLs redirect to "brandjackets.org" for some reason. Hopefully nothing has happened.

Mailinmypocket
International Hazard

[*] posted on 12-2-2014 at 07:13

Oh great. Their eBay stuff is still there but it doesnt have the selection their website does.... I mean... Its wonderful that they have a pressure equalized additional funnel but it isnt the size I want. Damn it.

Maybe Ill message them through ebay and see....

Thanks
woelen
Super Administrator

Mood: interested

[*] posted on 12-2-2014 at 07:15

I have no problems with laboyglass.com, I just checked. I have the impression that in some parts of the world the DNS entry of laboyglass.com is borked.

The art of wondering makes life worth living...
Want to wonder? Look at https://woelen.homescience.net
Mailinmypocket
International Hazard

[*] posted on 12-2-2014 at 07:19

Odd. It appears that this is only affecting wireline internet... I am able to access the site through my cellular (LTE) connection... Im not fond of shopping on such a small screen but it will have to do I suppose... Unless I tether to a laptop or something. Annoying.
Mush
National Hazard

[*] posted on 26-4-2015 at 12:49

I need your help guys. :( I have ordered a few glassware from laboyglass but my order status hasn't changed for a while. "Status:processing" I am getting worried now because they don't reply to my letters. Should the status change to "shipped" once it has been sent?
Zephyr
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 26-4-2015 at 21:11

Hmm, too bad you can't call them. I wouldn't worry too much, my orders have typically taken multiple weeks to arrive, although I haven't checked their status.
How long has it been since you ordered? Maybe they were out of stock of one of your items?

Sciencemadness Patches for sale! U2U me if you are interested.
http://imgur.com/a/QmpHn http://www.sciencemadness.org/talk/viewthread.php?tid=62566&...
Mush
National Hazard

[*] posted on 27-4-2015 at 08:00

Nearly 3 weeks.
Fractionator
Harmless

[*] posted on 5-5-2015 at 21:50
perhaps avoid laboy?

It took about 4 weeks for me to receive the first package from a fairly large order from laboy. It has been about 6 weeks, and I still have not received an item, which is not shown as shipped on their site (purchased at the same time).

I get the impression that things are made when ordered (or purchased for branding, then shipped?).

Something for you all to consider: I was not impressed by the quality of the glassware I received:

A large flat bottomed flask does not sit flat because it has a dip in the center of the bottom; this also keeps spin bars from spinning freely (what a drag). The bottom also is slightly off from perpendicular with the neck, causing a slight lean.

A reflux condenser has a widely spaced spiral (only 5 loops), which wouldn't bother me so much if it wasn't for the fact that a wide straight path leads from the bottom to the top without any cool surface contact; I could stick a couple pencils right through it.

The short path distillation head comes with a thermometer that ends above the condenser inlet. Quality ones have thermometers which protrude slightly below the inlet for better readings and to increase surface area. The provided thermometer has markings that are faint and nearly rubbed off, and one of the numbers is in the wrong place, which doesn't give me confidence about the accuracy!

That said, the rest of the stuff I got seems fine for the price, so your results may vary.

Oh, and most glassware had specks of inclusions in the glass, or small bubbles, which doesn't bother me as much as everything else.

If I could have avoided purchasing the things I didn't like, I would have thought it was worth it, but as it stands I would have paid twice the price for items worth keeping. :(
Metacelsus
International Hazard

Mood: Double, double, toil and trouble

[*] posted on 6-5-2015 at 05:57

In December of last year, I made two orders, for a 2000 mL flat bottom flask, a Claisen adapter, a pressure-equalizing addition funnel, and a West condenser. So far, I have only received the flat bottom flask and the Claisen adapter (both of which are good quality).

I'm planning to open a Paypal dispute if the other stuff doesn't arrive by the end of May.

As below, so above.

My blog: https://denovo.substack.com
Mush
National Hazard

[*] posted on 7-5-2015 at 11:30

A little update regarding to my order. Today I received a confirmation e-mail of the shipped grasswares. Great!:D
Shipped By EMS, Tracking Number has been provided too to follow my parcel.:D

If there is any quality issue with my adapter I will switch to Synthware on Aliexpress.

Thanx for your feedback guys!
Fractionator
Harmless

[*] posted on 7-5-2015 at 17:19

Wow, cheddite, that doesn't strike me with confidence. Does your flat bottom sit flat? If so, you got lucky. I got a couple, and while a few flasks were acceptable, the largest flat bottom doesn't have a flat bottom.

They are also lagging for me on an equalized addition funnel. You make me wonder whether I'll ever see it.

Hopefully they are perfecting a super duper new design for a next generation addition funnel, and we'll be the first to get it :P

Did you order the high vacuum valve style, or the stopcock?

[Edited on 8-5-2015 by Fractionator]
Fractionator
Harmless

[*] posted on 7-5-2015 at 17:26

I had trouble submitting that last post last night and I hit refresh and it was submitted today.

I checked my account info today and my order has changed to completed, with a second shipment number.

I guess they had a busy day.
Zombie
Forum Hillbilly

Mood: I just don't know...

[*] posted on 7-5-2015 at 19:49

Has anyone been able to find a physical building for Laboy?

I tried Google Earth entering a street address from a "who is" site. I re checked the address against three different sites that listed the same address for Laboy, one of them was a laboy site, and when I google earthed the address... It's a hotel in China.

Not that this is an important post but I think Laboy is not producing the glass they sell. Rather they label it as theirs.

This is why I deal w/ DesChem. They manufacture, and sell their own product, and stock is never an issue. You can't always depend on a "web address" as you can a real building.

They tried to have me "put to sleep" so I came back to return the favor.
Zom.
Fractionator
Harmless

[*] posted on 7-5-2015 at 21:49

The deschem product catalog link doesn't seem to work for me. For that company, do you have to submit orders by explaining what you want in an email?

btw, I got the same impression about laboy, that they brand glassware. Nothing to back that up, just a hunch because of the timelines and spaced shipments. If so, they should choose a different source that isn't smoking while they are blowing and ashing in the glass.

I took a closer look at their "high capacity reflux condenser" a few moments ago, and noticed a couple fracture lines. One is 1cm long and in the wall, the other is 2mm long and in the coil. It has not been used yet.
Zombie
Forum Hillbilly

Mood: I just don't know...

[*] posted on 7-5-2015 at 22:13

I order all my Deschem gear thru Tim on their Ebay site. Just pick one item, and do the "contact seller" option.

Then you can give him your whole wish list, and they will discount 10% if you ask them to.

I first found them on Ebay, and then researched who they were before contacting them. To date I have bought around 300.00 worth of gear, and that would have easily been triple the cost at any other supplier I found. (not counting Dr. Bob form here)

My first dealing...

Dear deschem,

Thank you for your listings.
I am starting a new company in Florida, and have been looking for a supplier of Lab. Glassware, and other needed items.
I have purchased some items elsewhere, and they were of VERY poor quality. Air bubbles, start cracks, and inclusions in the glass made them unsafe for us to use.
I am researching Polymer chains for Marine coatings/paints/waxes, so Heat, and cold cycles are needed in my glassware. I need to know if your materials can hold up to repeated heat, and cold.
I also need to know if you can supply on a wholesale level or combine orders to get the best price/value per order.
I can/will provide you with a complete purchase order so you can understand exactly what we need.
Basic glassware (beakers/flasks) some specialty items like Buchner funnels/seperatory funnels. Heat mantles/stirrer hot plates. Gas washers, ect.

I look forward to your response, and again I thank you for your listing here,
Thank you, Ken / SunCoast Marine Coatings

Hi Ken
Good evening!
Our glassware have no Air bubbles, star crack.
We selective in our glassware when post.
Our glassware can standwith +300 degree and -50 degree.
The difference in temperature is 120 degree.
We can give you 10% discount on a wholesale level .
You can do a small order to check our quality at first.
Any questions feel free to contct me.
Best regards!
Tim

- deschem

They tried to have me "put to sleep" so I came back to return the favor.
Zom.
Metacelsus
International Hazard

Mood: Double, double, toil and trouble

[*] posted on 8-5-2015 at 05:32

I got the pressure-equalizing stopcock addition funnel.

The flat-bottom flask does sit flat.

As below, so above.

My blog: https://denovo.substack.com

Go To Top