Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  63    65
Author: Subject: Short question / quick answer - Thread
underground
National Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 21-5-2018 at 16:16

Quote: Originally posted by joseph6355  
Question: Is there a way to estimate the VoD of an explosive at different densities giving the VoD at theoretical density?
Question number 2: Does Ammonium picrate react with metals the same way as picric acid does?

1) Yes, there are few programmes out there that you can calculate the vod (check my uploaded files)
2) No

Attachment: 1.exe (90kB)
This file has been downloaded 8 times

Attachment: SMDetonation.zip (32kB)
This file has been downloaded 5 times

[Edited on 22-5-2018 by underground]
joseph6355
Hazard to Others

Mood: Nitrated

[*] posted on 22-5-2018 at 10:45

Quote: Originally posted by underground  
Question: Is there a way to estimate the VoD of an explosive at different densities giving the VoD at theoretical density?
Question number 2: Does Ammonium picrate react with metals the same way as picric acid does?

1) Yes, there are few programmes out there that you can calculate the vod (check my uploaded files)
2) No

[Edited on 22-5-2018 by underground]

Thank you a lot! :D
Regarding ammonium picrate, could it be safely stored in a metal container?
Can I recrystallize it with mineral water without converting some of it into other metal picrates?

Another question...

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/81/Mo...
Could Monosodium Glutamate be possibly nitrated?

Apparently it would decarboxylate to y-Aminobutyric_acid (GABA).

[Edited on 22/5/18 by joseph6355]

[Edited on 22/5/18 by joseph6355]

Oh, hello! :)

underground
National Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 22-5-2018 at 12:17

I have never work with picrate salts so beter someone who have work with them will answere you question. You can try to store few mg into a metal container to see if it will react over time.

Glutamate looks that it can be nitrated (OH and NH2 bonds) but HE containing metals usually has low performarmance. Better use your acids for ETN/PENT in my opinion.
Bert
Super Administrator

Mood: " I think we are all going to die. I think that love is an illusion. We are flawed, my darling".

[*] posted on 22-5-2018 at 14:28

From UXO info:

Quote:

Ammonium Picrate is slightly soluble in ethyl alcohol and in cold water; soluble in hot water; and moderately hygroscopic. Moisture reduces explosive strength and sensitivity to detonation. In the presence of moisture, reacts readily with lead, steel, and nickel plated steel; reacts slightly with copper plated or zinc plated steel, and bronze. When wet, reacts slowly with iron, lead, and copper to form explosive salts. Reaction with metals is negligible when dry.

Rapopart’s Rules for critical commentary:

1. Attempt to re-express your target’s position so clearly, vividly and fairly that your target says: “Thanks, I wish I’d thought of putting it that way.”
2. List any points of agreement (especially if they are not matters of general or widespread agreement).
3. Mention anything you have learned from your target.
4. Only then are you permitted to say so much as a word of rebuttal or criticism.

Anatol Rapoport was a Russian-born American mathematical psychologist (1911-2007).

joseph6355
Hazard to Others

Mood: Nitrated

[*] posted on 23-5-2018 at 08:10

Quote: Originally posted by underground  
I have never work with picrate salts so beter someone who have work with them will answere you question. You can try to store few mg into a metal container to see if it will react over time.

Glutamate looks that it can be nitrated (OH and NH2 bonds) but HE containing metals usually has low performarmance. Better use your acids for ETN/PENT in my opinion.

Thank you!

Quote: Originally posted by Bert  

From UXO info:

Quote:

Ammonium Picrate is slightly soluble in ethyl alcohol and in cold water; soluble in hot water; and moderately hygroscopic. Moisture reduces explosive strength and sensitivity to detonation. In the presence of moisture, reacts readily with lead, steel, and nickel plated steel; reacts slightly with copper plated or zinc plated steel, and bronze. When wet, reacts slowly with iron, lead, and copper to form explosive salts. Reaction with metals is negligible when dry.

Thank you.
Mineral water usually do not contain any of these metals. The majority of mineral water's minerals are sodium, potassium, calcium, and so on...
Are metal picrates usually too sensitive to friction?

Oh, hello! :)

Pages:  1  ..  63    65

Go To Top