Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: what is "agr-?"
chemrox
International Hazard

Mood: LaGrangian

[*] posted on 29-10-2013 at 17:14
what is "agr-?"

What does the abbreviation "agr" in e.g. agrpyrrolidinopropiophenone stand for? Sorry if this is in the wrong place. I was looking for the simple question thread...

"When you let the dumbasses vote you end up with populism followed by autocracy and getting back is a bitch." Plato (sort of)
Dariusrussell
Hazard to Self

Mood: Organometallics

[*] posted on 29-10-2013 at 17:25

Just based on the prefix use of agr, it means of the land/farm I have never seen it used myself so I can only assume it would mean naturally occurring Pyrrolidinopropiophenone.
I don't know much about Pyrrolidinopropiophenone other than that its a stimulant so I don't know if it occurs naturally.
If I'm wrong please correct me
watson.fawkes
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 29-10-2013 at 20:00

It seems to mean "α", the Greek (gr) letter A. The only link that came up was this article:
Identification of cytochrome P450 enzymes involved in the metabolism of 3',4'-methylenedioxy- a -pyrrolidinopropiophenone (MDPPP), a designer drug, in human liver microsomes
The "agr" seems to be some mismatch with character formats somewhere in the publication chain. The Google search result except summarizes (part of) the name "4 prime -Methylenedioxy- agr -pyrrolidinopropiophenone".
Dariusrussell
Hazard to Self

Mood: Organometallics

[*] posted on 30-10-2013 at 03:34

Ah that makes more sense than my answer, I too when searching up the molecule ran into α-pyrrolidinopropiophenone.
Thanks watson.fawkes

Go To Top