Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: how to reduce citric acid in solution
mobiusxx
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

sad.gif posted on 3-4-2014 at 23:45
how to reduce citric acid in solution

i did some research about anthocyanin from black soybean peel that extracted by water+citric acid,,
for extract anhocyain, its usualy use metanol+HCL 0,1 M for maseration,,,but if we use metanol, it,s toxic,,and if i replace it with etanol,,,it will complicated for the next step,,, because my aim is to make isotonic drink that enhance with anthocyain,,,
but in my country etanol is little fobid,,because our contry is very concern about HALAL food n baverage,,,

so i use water (aquadest) instead of metanol/etanol,,,

but the problem has begin,,,if use water+citric acid,,,the result of anthocyanin is very small,,,the best result is water+18% citric acid with 210 ppm,,,,but if i use citric acid 18%, the taste is very sour,,,even i was add sugar and aspartam and other electrolite,,,

the best taste for formulation isotonic drink is if we just add 3% of citric acid,,,but if i just use aquades+3% citric acid,, the result of anhocyanin is much lower than i use 18% citric acid,,,

so that i want to ask is,
is there any way to reduce the content of citric acid / reduce the sourness in solvent,,even if i still use aquadest+ 18% citric acid??

thank you,,

*)i'm sorry if my english is too bad,,,
deltaH
Dangerous source of unreferenced speculation

Mood: Heavily protonated

[*] posted on 4-4-2014 at 02:47

You can precipitate and neutralise [excess] citric acid from solution using food grade calcium hydroxide as calcium citrate is insoluble. The citric acid can also be regenerated from this precipitate, search for commercial production of citric acid as this is how it's done in industry.

I hope I interpreted your question correctly.

Mind your step or step your mind. Website: www.ideashack.org
Nicodem
Super Moderator
Thread Moved
5-4-2014 at 10:28

Go To Top