Printable Version  
Author: Subject: A question about static discharge
FeRe
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 14-4-2014 at 06:54
A question about static discharge

Hello I am new here

esd can just occur with human (I mean a human who cause discharge) or a substance which sensitive to static discharge can do it when there is a no human ? (a substance which isolated through closed-tube)

[Edited on 14-4-2014 by FeRe]
Bert
Super Administrator
Thread Moved
14-4-2014 at 08:03
neptunium
National Hazard

[*] posted on 14-4-2014 at 08:27

your question is not clear but i try to answer the best i can..

Electro Static Discharges occur when the electrostatic resistance of a gas breacks down and ion and electron are allowed to be exchanged between two opposite charges in order to restaure neutrality.
Various gases at various preassure have different potential at which this happen .

This phenomenon happens with or without human participant . in deep vacuum the resistance is so great that virtualy no charges are allowed to pass under a thereshold of energy , this is verified in old x ray vacuum tube (cold cathode) as they become "hard" . air being absorbed by the inner glass walls and reacts with the electrodes.

Hope this helps!

FeRe
Harmless

[*] posted on 14-4-2014 at 09:07

Thanks but I asked this question for solid sensitive explosives but Admin transferred my topic here it was in section of energetic
For example Tatp is a static sensitive explosives. For its is able to go off, a human is needed ?(can it just go off through a human who has enough static electricity) I mean can it go off itself through static discharge when it is in a tube.

[Edited on 14-4-2014 by FeRe]
vmelkon
National Hazard

Mood: autoerotic asphyxiation

[*] posted on 15-4-2014 at 12:21

I would assume that your explosive, Tatp, explodes when the discharge strikes it directly. If it is inside a tube (metal), the discharge strikes the metal and the charge dissipates.

As for the human, we get charged up when the humidity is low and you rub up again the carpet. So if you increase the humidity, it gets rid of this problem.

Signature ==== Is this my youtube page? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tA5PYtul5aU
We must attach the electrodes of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance and give a few good jolts.
Yes my evolutionary friends. We are all homos here.
Fantasma4500
International Hazard

Mood: dangerously practical

[*] posted on 16-4-2014 at 10:26

i dont think filling that stuff into a tube, assuming its somewhat conductive and in my mind it would be somewhat around PVC or steel is a really great idea, unless if you actually want to die

however.....
you could carbonize sugar and get some ammonium nitrate, then mix 85% AP with 10% AN and 5% carbon from sugar, by weight
this is said to make the whole thing quite stable and very hard to set off with shock or friction, possibly also affecting static electricity

graphite has been added to flashpowder charges to decrease sensitivity
having 1kg dropweight dropping from max 100cm, i recall it added 10-20cm to drop height to add graphite to flashpowders

as you might have gotten confused.. in short:
add graphite, carbon and AN to your AP if you want to lessen the chances of accidental detonation, and most of all stop using metal or hard plastic tubes, this also serves as massive danger factor for your sorroundings

~25 drops = 1mL @dH2O viscocity - STP
Truth is ever growing - but without context theres barely any such.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solubility_table
http://www.trimen.pl/witek/calculators/stezenia.html
FeRe
Harmless

[*] posted on 17-4-2014 at 05:15

Quote: Originally posted by Antiswat  
i dont think filling that stuff into a tube, assuming its somewhat conductive and in my mind it would be somewhat around PVC or steel is a really great idea, unless if you actually want to die

however.....
you could carbonize sugar and get some ammonium nitrate, then mix 85% AP with 10% AN and 5% carbon from sugar, by weight
this is said to make the whole thing quite stable and very hard to set off with shock or friction, possibly also affecting static electricity

graphite has been added to flashpowder charges to decrease sensitivity
having 1kg dropweight dropping from max 100cm, i recall it added 10-20cm to drop height to add graphite to flashpowders

as you might have gotten confused.. in short:
add graphite, carbon and AN to your AP if you want to lessen the chances of accidental detonation, and most of all stop using metal or hard plastic tubes, this also serves as massive danger factor for your sorroundings

I didn't ask that I ask that is it able to go off byitself there is a no human near its?
tatp can pick static then it discharge itself then it goes off, can it ? - I asked that

and a note this is not about just tatp you can think other static sensitive primary explosives
thanks.....

[Edited on 17-4-2014 by FeRe]
Fantasma4500
International Hazard

Mood: dangerously practical

[*] posted on 17-4-2014 at 22:02

never heard about that.. without energy of some sort it wont gain energy
if you were to ampoulle it and let it stand around for +10 years i suppose it could give you an conclusive answer however

~25 drops = 1mL @dH2O viscocity - STP
Truth is ever growing - but without context theres barely any such.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solubility_table
http://www.trimen.pl/witek/calculators/stezenia.html

Go To Top