Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: debrominating 2-Br-Lysergic Acid / Lysergamides
OhYeah25
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 7-8-2013 at 12:14

Quote: Originally posted by sonogashira  
What much bromocryptine shall you be using?

[Edited on 7-8-2013 by sonogashira]

It would seem that @ .8mg/ml not much. LOL Thats 800mg/liter thats getting pretty small. Scaling it up at that rate just to get to quantities that are easier to work with would be a PITA. Then again, I never did like working on microscale.
OhYeah25
Harmless

[*] posted on 7-8-2013 at 12:45

I wouldnt imagine it is. Then again I wouldnt know. Im old, and way out of the loop for psychedelics. I got my medical ganja, and thats about it. Looking forward to cool discussions here. I still got my textbooks. Any chem forum I can theorize about psychedelics is A-OK in my book. :) Chem is a subject I dont know many people I can talk to about with out them getting that glazed over look in their eye. LOL Im actually really stoked I found this place.

BTW, I had thought about an alcohol mixture...I vaguely recall doing a hydrolysis in the lab in school, and pretty certain was just water, didnt seem like it would be a problem, which was actually gonna be one of my eventual questions. IIRC we did a Grignard on bromobenzene. Brings back memories. Haha.

[Edited on 7-8-2013 by OhYeah25]
sonogashira
National Hazard

[*] posted on 7-8-2013 at 13:49

Oops, I accidentally deleted my last post. I was editing "amine" to read "amide", so that my claim of hydrolysing "amides" in aqueous alcoholic solutions would make sense, rather than no sense. Now I look silly regardless.

[Edited on 7-8-2013 by sonogashira]
OhYeah25
Harmless

[*] posted on 8-8-2013 at 20:22

No worries, and thanks for the input. Using an alcohol makes perfect sense, and clears up the confusion encountered over solubility, and free basing before chiming in. I read this thread, and went...wait a minute...that doesnt add up....?!! Not being able to wrap my head around it was bugging me, thanks again. Figured it was something simple. Awesome thread. Good to see people still talk about these things. These days quite a lot of progress has been made with these compounds though. Nichols work is pretty interesting. Its good to see the powers that be starting to admit the values, and validity of these substances. Maybe in our lifetime they will no longer be "problem children". It would seem as though they do have science on their side at least. Then again, they really always did.....damn politics.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top