Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: How can I accelerate my laboratory practise?
yiberkit
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 9-9-2014 at 08:09
How can I accelerate my laboratory practise?

Im actually working on a pharmaceutical industry as a quality control analyst. Well, our lab. chief told me that "you should accelerate your lab. works."they said it Because Im not accustomed to this kind of work for more than 2 years. My chemistry 4 year background was at 2 years back.

I need your suggestions to improve my lab. practise in pharmaceutical quality control lab.

I have psychological focussing problem, also my hands accustomed to hard works (like carpenter, carrier) before.
Also Im not heedful, i always forget much more things when i do my work tasks..
In addition i have insomnia problem, when I have a work/job on the next day early morning , I cant fell required amount of sleep as it should be..

[Edited on 10-9-2014 by yiberkit]

aga
Forum Drunkard

[*] posted on 9-9-2014 at 13:08

Plan ahead.

Write things down.

If you have a Specific Procedure to do all the time, make a one-sheet List of all the things you must do to correctly perform that procedure.

Print this out, and keep it on the wall in the Lab.

Personally i would be very happy for Surgeons to use this simple technique, especially for Amputations, with a big red arrow pointing to the Correct limb to amputate.

FireLion3
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 9-9-2014 at 13:49

You have a psychological focusing problem and this harms your productivity in your lab? What exactly do you do? Can you give an example? Are you working on some reaction, weighing things out, and then get distracted by your phone for 10 minutes? Sounds a bit serious if you were being so slow that they commented on it. What is it that you are finding difficult?
WGTR
National Hazard

Mood: Outline

[*] posted on 9-9-2014 at 17:48

Quote: Originally posted by yiberkit  
I have psychological focussing problem, also my hands accustomed to hard works (like carpenter, carrier) before.
Also Im not heedful, i always forget much more things when i do my work tasks..

Do you get involved with projects that you enjoy, but never seem to finish them, because you have trouble doing the "boring" parts of the project?

Do you have to turn off the computer monitor when talking with someone?

Do long, detailed, paragraphs of text look like gibberish?

If you have ADD, I don't think there is some dream job that will eliminate all problems. You have to employ "tricks" to get yourself interested in things, as well as eliminate a lot of distractions from home and work. Keeping a clean work area helps. Also, there is a personal decision to be responsible about the things you need to be doing.

I agree with aga. Forcing yourself to write things down helps a lot. Keeping a personal journal helps as well. If you are easily distracted then writing down your thoughts everyday helps provide focus. Even if you don't remember things well from day to day, the journal always "remembers", and gradually assembles well-developed thoughts and goals.
yiberkit
Harmless

[*] posted on 9-9-2014 at 19:21

Quote:

You have a psychological focusing problem and this harms your productivity in your lab? What exactly do you do? Can you give an example? Are you working on some reaction, weighing things out, and then get distracted by your phone for 10 minutes? Sounds a bit serious if you were being so slow that they commented on it. What is it that you are finding difficult?

I have much more analysis tasks in a day which are coming from manufacturing area, they separately brings samples and the samples must be analyse quickly, Weighing , mixing with other chemicals, ultrasonic mixing, density measurement, melting point , ph , % water with karl fischer, uv absorbans (old and new machines), boiling , mixing with magnetic fish etc..

Maybe, those tasks would be come to slow themselves when I was doing them.
Thats why they said "you work slow , you must speed up your tasks"..

Go To Top