Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Drain Cleaner
Anarchist
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 25-12-2002 at 21:47
Drain Cleaner

I was just wondering what brand of drain cleaner you all buy for sulfuric acid. All of the brands around me contain sodium hypochlorite( though i'm not quite sury why) and sodium hydroxide. I can't seem to find any that have sulfuric acid in them.
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
trinitrotoluene
Hazard to Others

Mood: paranoid

[*] posted on 25-12-2002 at 22:22
Try the hardware store

What I suggest Is you should try the hardware store. Every supermarket I looked and Walgreens and stuff I find no bottles of Sulfuric Acid drain unblocker. Ok i had found that the Home Depo had 1 brand of Slufuric acid drain unblocker. It is called Instent Power its 93% concentrated. Its sold in 1 or 2 liter bottles. Also In ace hardware I found 3 brand of slufuric acid drain opener. Theres a brand called bull dozer the stuff is tinted black but it pretty cheap I see 1 quart bottles for $4.29 and 1 gallon for $12.89. They also have Instent power and some 1 other brand but I don't remember.

TNT
madscientist
National Hazard

Mood: pyrophoric

[*] posted on 25-12-2002 at 22:53

I can find two brands of concentrated sulfuric acid at the local hardware store: "Liquid Fire", and "Rooto". The latter seems to be the purer of the two.

I weep at the sight of flaming acetic anhydride.
Anarchist
Harmless

[*] posted on 26-12-2002 at 17:27

Thanks, but I found some at Franklins hardware called KleenOut, Judging by the warning labels I think it's very very concentrated.
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
grndpndr
National Hazard

[*] posted on 22-5-2010 at 22:32

Google the MSDS for it.will either give the % concentration or the specific gravity which will tell you the exact or very near % concentration and additives.

Hearing TSP was dissapearing from shelfs I made a small purchase of savogran brand TSP.I checked the MSDS on returning home to find it contained 75%/80% Trisodium phosphate- 20%/25% sodium sesquicarbonate. Some is labeled TSP PF phosphate free?Red devil lye is gone but Rooto has filled the gap
with claimed 100% sodium hydroxide, (Lye)
Melgar
Anti-Spam Agent

Mood: Estrified

[*] posted on 25-5-2010 at 16:02

One thing I will recommend - try smaller hardware stores. They aren't going to have the liability concerns of the big chain stores, since they don't have enough assets to have lawyers chomping at the bit to sue them. Thus, in my experience, they're more likely to sell dangerous stuff like sulfuric acid drain cleaner.
The WiZard is In
International Hazard

[*] posted on 25-5-2010 at 16:51

Quote: Originally posted by Melgar  
One thing I will recommend - try smaller hardware stores. They aren't going to have the liability concerns of the big chain stores, since they don't have enough assets to have lawyers chomping at the bit to sue them. Thus, in my experience, they're more likely to sell dangerous stuff like sulfuric acid drain cleaner.

Emphasis added /djh/

--------
Suicide by Sulfuric Acid
New York Newsday 16x92

A homeless woman committed suicide yesterday by drinking a half-bottle of sulfuric
acid she pulled from the shelf of a Brooklyn hardware store, officials said.

The woman walked into Sid's Hardware Store on Jay Street in downtown Brooklyn at
1:25 p.m., took two bottles of Butyl Cleaner Sulfuric Acid from a shelf and walked into
the bathroom, said Dandra Mackay, a spokeswoman for the Emergency Medical
Service.

"She doused herself with it, drank it, and went into cardiac arrest," Mackay said. The
woman died at 2:16 p.m. at Long Island College Hospital, police said.

MadHatter
International Hazard

Mood: Enjoying retirement

[*] posted on 29-5-2010 at 04:28
H2SO4

Found the Roebic brand at Loew's and the Rooto brand at Ace Hardware. The Rooto is much
cleaner.

From opening of NCIS New Orleans - It goes a BOOM ! BOOM ! BOOM ! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !
Melgar
Anti-Spam Agent

Mood: Estrified

[*] posted on 2-6-2010 at 00:55

Quote: Originally posted by The WiZard is In  
Quote: Originally posted by Melgar  

Emphasis added /djh/

--------
Suicide by Sulfuric Acid
New York Newsday 16x92

A homeless woman committed suicide yesterday by drinking a half-bottle of sulfuric
acid she pulled from the shelf of a Brooklyn hardware store, officials said.

The woman walked into Sid's Hardware Store on Jay Street in downtown Brooklyn at
1:25 p.m., took two bottles of Butyl Cleaner Sulfuric Acid from a shelf and walked into
the bathroom, said Dandra Mackay, a spokeswoman for the Emergency Medical
Service.

"She doused herself with it, drank it, and went into cardiac arrest," Mackay said. The
woman died at 2:16 p.m. at Long Island College Hospital, police said.

Indeed. And something tells me if that was Lowe's or Home Depot, there'd currently be a lawsuit against them because after all, the bottle doesn't specifically say not to drink it and pour it all over yourself. :-/

Go To Top