Author: Subject: Teratogens: book needed
aniraj
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 26-4-2006 at 23:09
Teratogens: book needed

Can anyone provide me with the book

Teratogens: Chemicals Which Cause Birth Defects

i tried on net but i couldnt find anywhere.
praseodym
Hazard to Others

Mood: crazy

[*] posted on 27-4-2006 at 01:37

Well, think you may be able to find it in the libraries...

Teratogens : chemicals which cause birth defects
by Vera M Kolb

Publisher: Amsterdam ; New York : Elsevier Science Publishers, ©1993.
ISBN: 0444814825 OCLC: 28418225

Included in series
Studies in Environmental Science, 31

Description
This multi-author work deals with the practical aspects of teratogens - chemicals which cause birth defects. It is designed for use as a unique guide to these chemicals in which one can find all relevant information. The issues covered include: how to obtain information about the teratogenic potential of chemicals; teratogenic chemicals in undergraduate chemistry laboratories; safe handling of teratogenic chemicals; teratogenicity of pesticides and other pollutants in the environment; occupational exposure and pregnancy outcome; identification and prevention of reproductive hazards in industry; and the long-term effects of chemicals on the developing brain. A list of approximately 5,000 chemicals known to cause reproductive effects is given. A comprehensive bibliography is included with each chapter providing up-to-date references for more in-depth coverage. The monograph will be of interest to academic and industrial chemists, health professionals, as well as both undergraduate and graduate students in health and related sciences.

Contents
Introduction (V. Kolb Meyers). 1. How to Obtain Information About the Teratogenic Potential of Chemicals (H.B. Morgan et al.). 2. Registry of Toxic Effects of Chemical Substances as a Source for Compiling a List of Teratogens (V. Kolb Meyers). 3. Reproductive Hazards in Industry: Identification and Prevention (K. Hemminki, M.-L. Lindbohm). 4. Teratogenic Chemicals in Undergraduate General Chemistry Laboratories (D.K. Kolb). 5. Safe Handling of Teratogenic Chemicals (B.C. McKusick). 6. Use of Registered Data in Studies of Occupational Exposure and Pregnancy Outcome (M.L. Lindbohm, K. Hemminki). 7. Long-Term Effects of Chemicals on Developing Brain and Behavior (M. Mirmiran, S. De Boer). 8. Teratogenicity of Pesticides and other Environmental Pollutants (M.J. Kland). Subject Index.

And if you are willing to pay to get that bk, you can buy it here

Alles sollte so einfach wie möglich gemacht werden aber nicht einfacher.
chiralic
Hazard to Self

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 27-4-2006 at 07:33

Hi Aniraj...Greetings from Tepui's Land: Venezuela.

I'm working with Natural Toxins (potato glycoalkaloids) and Neural Tube Defects...
If you want more information...please write me to chiralic@gmail.com.

I have a big book: "Chemically Induced Birth Defects by James L. Schardein", let me know what are you looking for and I'll try to scan it.

Please check out this link:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0824787757/ref=sib_dp_pt/104...

Regards,

chiralic

Go To Top