Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: acetylsalicylic acid + H2SO4 ==> phenols
highuse
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 11-3-2015 at 12:29
acetylsalicylic acid + H2SO4 ==> phenols

Hello I am a french student in second year of chemistry in university, I have make some work on explosive substance and for the picric acid i take an synthesis with acetylsalicylic acid !
i have a bad document about some bad cook ( i don't use it for cook but just by the chemical interest ! )
and in the synthesis it's explain, H2SO4 use on acetylsalicylic acid can cut the COOH and OCOCH3 and to form finaly phenol, but i don't understand exatly how mechanism work ! so if some one can make me a draw of the mechanism and some explication it's can be magic :)

I think i fall in love to this forum when i see a discution about TATP, cook some explosive :o ect.... in french forum if you just talk about H2SO4 or HNO3 the topic have great chance to be close :/

[Edited on 11-3-2015 by highuse]
Pasrules
Hazard to Self

Mood: Lacking an S orbital

[*] posted on 11-3-2015 at 13:15

Here is some information on the hydrolysis of esters http://www.chem.ucalgary.ca/courses/351/Carey5th/Ch20/ch20-3...

Also it would help if you could post your said document.

[Edited on 11-3-2015 by Pasrules]

Atropine, Bicarb, Calcium.
highuse
Harmless

[*] posted on 11-3-2015 at 13:38

a great thanks for the link !!

LOL post the exact cook of TNT · Nitroglycérine · TNP · PETN Tétranitrate) · RDX · Plastics (B, C1, C4, Semtex) · HMX · Chlorate de Soude · Peroxyde d'Acétone · Nitrocellulose · Fulminate de Mercure · Nitrure de Plomb · Triiodure d'Azote · Hexal · HMTD

it's illegal in my country, show on internet can give me 3 year in prison and 45 000€, and i think you know about some event in my country and "red alert" for terrorism so i'm not to hot with the idea to give cook of explosive now ^^

Bert
Super Administrator

Mood: " I think we are all going to die. I think that love is an illusion. We are flawed, my darling".

[*] posted on 11-3-2015 at 14:34

Quote: Originally posted by highuse  
a great thanks for the link !!

LOL post the exact cook of TNT · Nitroglycérine · TNP · PETN Tétranitrate) · RDX · Plastics (B, C1, C4, Semtex) · HMX · Chlorate de Soude · Peroxyde d'Acétone · Nitrocellulose · Fulminate de Mercure · Nitrure de Plomb · Triiodure d'Azote · Hexal · HMTD

It would be called "synthesis" around here. Cooking is done in a kitchen... Or possibly a meth lab.

Anyhow, welcome to the board.

Please read the sciencemadness.org FAQ.

These are not exactly cookbooks-

Not familiar with EU/French law. Could you post a link to the statutes? There have certainly been French and Belgian members posting on explosives here in the past.

Rapopart’s Rules for critical commentary:

1. Attempt to re-express your target’s position so clearly, vividly and fairly that your target says: “Thanks, I wish I’d thought of putting it that way.”
2. List any points of agreement (especially if they are not matters of general or widespread agreement).
3. Mention anything you have learned from your target.
4. Only then are you permitted to say so much as a word of rebuttal or criticism.

Anatol Rapoport was a Russian-born American mathematical psychologist (1911-2007).

Pasrules
Hazard to Self

Mood: Lacking an S orbital

[*] posted on 12-3-2015 at 01:19

Actually i am french aswell but i live in Australia, the news has been bad so i can imagine the laws. I suggest if want you are interested in may put you at risk then use a VPN for your search services.

Also here a book on the preparation of this compound from aspirin Prep manual of explosives

Here is one extra link for the prep which i will post the mechanism below

[Edited on 12-3-2015 by Pasrules]

Atropine, Bicarb, Calcium.
highuse
Harmless

[*] posted on 20-3-2015 at 09:41

thx for the help :)

Go To Top