Capsule
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 21-8-2015 at 15:58
How Drug Print work !?

capsule-mooi.gif - 5kB
Just to Powder , not Pill or 3Dprint !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGpbiJxkkak
DIY chemists might use the technique to create their own MDMA, LSD and cocaine. If you think about this a bit more, there will also be a brighter side to this disadvantage. Because, say, recreational drug users will not be in need of a dealer anymore and will therefore not be dependent on untested and potentially harmful street drugs. Or in the words of VICE: in the future, your drug dealer will be a printer.
http://3dprinting.com/medical/3d-printing-drugs/
drugprint57af.jpg - 45kB

+
crazyboy
Hazard to Others

Mood: Marginally insane

[*] posted on 21-8-2015 at 16:07

What a shitty, overstated article. They barely mention how it is supposed to work other than "3D printing". This isn't going to make it easy for people to make illicit drugs and I fail to see how it will even work with pharmaceutical drugs.

3D printing isn't magic, it can't transmutate dirt into LSD. You need the drug to start with or you need to synthesize it, and no amount of open source software or buzzwords is going to change that fact.
aga
Forum Drunkard

[*] posted on 21-8-2015 at 16:17

My cat ! My cat !

Is it a Perpetual Motion machine ?

I need to know. and so does he.

I am bemused as to How people can post more crap than i do.

Is it an age thing ?

szuko03
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 22-8-2015 at 06:54

These types of threads always make me laugh. Sure I think we can use the basic principles of 3d printing to make certain easy reactions, think 1 pot methampthetamine or other bastardized process that yield impure results, but they will not replace chemists or be something normal people can operate. This will not be a buy and press the meth button to make your drugs at home! machine all these articles make it seem.

To put it a different way I dont lose any sleep over this and its possible implications in chemistry, i will never replace human logic and understanding. Things in the physical world need analyzing and do not go as planned 100% which is why i think this will not be able to replace a real chemist.

[Edited on 22-8-2015 by szuko03]

Chemistry is a natural drive, not an interest.

Go To Top