Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Storage bottles
DalisAndy
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 6-9-2015 at 14:39
Storage bottles

Hello everyone. I was out shopping today and found something that maybe very useful. REI sells small (~15ml to 25ml) HDPE bottles, vials and dropper bottles for a relatively good price. For those who don't know HDPE (Nalogen) is the kind of plastic most commonly used for chemical vials and bottles. It can be used for storing nearly anything. Exception include Aqua Regia, and pirhanna solutions.

Elements Collected: 19/81 (Excluding all radioactive, using placecard for those)

Any tips or good sources are welcome.
Texium
Administrator

Mood: PhD candidate!

[*] posted on 6-9-2015 at 21:18

I prefer to buy my Nalgene bottles at The Container Store. They're quite cheap there, and come in all shapes and sizes ranging from about 10 mL to 1000 mL. They have wide mouthed and narrow mouthed, and there's some that have misters, squirt tops, or droppers. Plus they have all kinds of other useful organizational stuff there, as well as little display boxes that I use for displaying crystals and element samples. They have some neat glass jars and bottles too, but they tend to be a bit pricey. I went by there yesterday and picked up a few different Nalgene bottles and some tiny funnels. I can definitely spend lots of time (and money) there if I'm not careful.

Come check out the Official Sciencemadness Wiki
They're not really active right now, but here's my YouTube channel and my blog.
ave369
Eastern European Lady of Mad Science

[*] posted on 7-9-2015 at 02:08

I prefer to use glass bottles in which medical grade ethanol is sold in drugstores.

Smells like ammonia....
ScopeGuy
Harmless

[*] posted on 20-11-2015 at 22:15

I stopped in REI 2 weeks ago to get a few. They had so many sizes and they were less than half the price of anywhere else I could find them. There is a bad part about going to that store and seeing them. I spent 72 dollars getting a small bag full. They will be so useful
JJay
International Hazard

[*] posted on 20-11-2015 at 22:47

You can get those at Walmart also as Coghlan's Contain-Alls.

Go To Top