Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Survey : How much distilled water is enough ?
Sulaiman
International Hazard

[*] posted on 14-2-2016 at 00:54
Survey : How much distilled water is enough ?

Some time in the future I would like to set up a small efficient water still, running unattended batches,
no doubt I'll have loads of inane questions later, but for now I would like an idea of a target production rate.
I have not been very active and my average has only been 50 ml/day averaged over 18 months,
but I know that will not be enough, so I'm considering 500 ml per run. (smaller = better due to lack of space)
I would like to know how much dH2O members use, ideally in ml/day but any units will do (e.g. gallons/year)
and do you consider yourself a light/medium/heavy user.
So for me;

50 ml/day, light.

[Edited on 14-2-2016 by Sulaiman]
j_sum1
Administrator

Mood: Organised

[*] posted on 14-2-2016 at 01:48

Light user here.
I buy 5L bottles from the supermarket a short walk away.
Usage varies but a bottle generally lasts a few months. That said, I have pretty clean rainwater on tap that I use for rinsing glassware and many non-critical situations.

Herr Haber
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 14-2-2016 at 03:34

Same a J-sum. Sometimes you'll just need to fill a pissette, sometime you'll need a 2 litters beaker.

I just love the comments of the cashier when she sees me with 2x5 liters bottles. "Wow, you've got a lot or ironing to do?" :)
I also keep 1 litter clearly marked in the fridge "just in case" something pops to mind. This way it's cold if needed cold, or already colder if I need to put it in the freezer and have it chilled.

Go To Top